Pre-ordering with Best Buy

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Did you get the unlocked model through Best Buy or a Verizon model? Just thinking maybe the "activation" issues is for people who ordered the unlocked model on a carrier plan?

Both my preorder notes are Verizon model. No issue with my blue note10+ apparently and that was a line upgrade. But my husband black note10 is a new line.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
So yeah, there's no winning. Next year I take my chance on Samsung.com for sure. I'm having Aura Blue envy big time, by the way, but of course AT&T didn't offer it until after my order couldn't be canceled. Anyway, I used the live chat feature and within minutes the rep. claimed my order is on track to be delivered tomorrow - yet it hasn't shipped and I'm in Alaska sooo... - but then noted I too have an activation failed. I expressed concern that BestBuy never notified me in any way, I was contacting purely out of concern that my order was delayed. He said no, the phone will arrive it just means they had an issue activating it with my carrier. The only emails I've received from BestBuy were my confirmation, and recently they sent 2x of the same mobile agreement emails.

I don't entirely know what that means yet, possibly just that I have to call and do it myself when the phone arrives. Frankly, that's normal to me? I've only done pick-up in store where they do it for you, but it's the same painful hold process for everyone, BestBuy has no special alternative phone number or anything. The BestBuy rep. assured me AT&T could easily fix it if I call, and provided 800-331-0500. I was thinking I'd just slap my old SIM in, so I may just wait and see when the phone arrives.

I will say, my online chat rep. was responsive and nice about it, no painful wait.

rlg2017

May 3, 2017
Visit site
Just got off the phone with them. With the rush of orders for the new phones, AT&T has been slow at getting them entered into their system. The representative from Best Buy has to contact AT&T to get them "loaded" into their system. She said that the process takes 20 minutes or so. She said that after the problem is resolved, the store will be notified.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I should add, when I click track my order it still says Preparing but expected the 23rd, and when I click into the order it says "Arriving Tomorrow". No ship confirmation or details though, so I'm not feeling optimistic.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with them. With the rush or orders for the new phones, AT&T has been slow at getting them entered into their system. The representative from Best Buy has to contact AT&T to get them "loaded" into their system. She said that the process takes 20 minutes or so. She said that after the problem is resolved, the store will be notified.

Makes me wonder if it the same issue with Verizon. my blue note10+ says ready for pickup today and it's in my Verizon account. My black note10 ain't and says preparing for tomorrow. So I'm thinking maybe it is the black one that having the issue.

nikkihp79

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
I pre-ordered in store on the 11th. Two Note 10+ phones. Just got a couple of emails and a text. The text says that "Sorry, there is an issue with the mobile package" and gave me a number to call. The emails say "There's a delay with your mobile activation." Anyone else see these messages? Any ideas what they mean? Thank you!

Just got that email & been on hold for almost an hour

tlbland0426

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Makes me wonder if it the same issue with Verizon. my blue note10+ says ready for pickup today and it's in my Verizon account. My black note10 ain't and says preparing for tomorrow. So I'm thinking maybe it is the black one that having the issue.

You going to try and pick up your blue Note 10+ today then since it states it's ready for pickup and you have the barcode?

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I was just reading this thread about the text msgs with a phone number and wait times... Then my text came in :( Checked my email and read "there's a delay with your mobile activation." Checked my order status and it says "Preparing for Pickup Tomorrow" (for my 2nd line) I have to check my line still

But I am on hold for 50 some odd minutes so I have time to check it.
For what it is worth I ordered mine in WI

nikkihp79

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
Not yet. I've been on for 1 hour and 55 minutes.

On the phone with Best Mobile back office now. The reason they told me was, when my phone arrived at Best Buy & they scanned it there was an error from my carrier (Sprint). So now waiting for someone in the back office is supposed to contact carrier so they can fix it, so I can pick it up tomorrow

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
You going to try and pick up your blue Note 10+ today then since it states it's ready for pickup and you have the barcode?

Yeah. I'm going to try. Be my luck they won't let me get it since second phone aint ready. I'm going to give a couple hours tho to see if my other note10 says ready for pick up.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
On the phone with Best Mobile back office now. The reason they told me was, when my phone arrived at Best Buy & they scanned it there was an error from my carrier (Sprint). So now waiting for someone in the back office is supposed to contact carrier so they can fix it, so I can pick it up tomorrow

I got the same info. I am also on hold for the back office. They did say my phone was in-store and would be ready for P/U tomorrow, once I talk to back office.

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just saw something interesting when I looked at the online order status for the 2nd line

Both are listed as the Glow, But I ordered one Blue and one Glow and all my paperwork shows one Blue and one Glow.

But still on hold, and both online orders say 'Preparing for Pickup Tomorrow'

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
The messages everyone is receiving from BB about a problem with the order is because they are having issues getting the IMEI numbers into the carriers, I called the number in the text and talked to a rep after about 20 minutes, they are now working on my phone and account and have me on hold again Grrrr.

So no phone stock delay, just issues with activations from what I was told.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere