how to turn off battery charging info

SGN9_2019

Apr 6, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, just finished setting up my note10+. Does anyone know how to turn off the battery charging indicator as shown in my photo? The charging information stays on constantly when the phone is charging. . I've looked everywhere and there doesn't seem to be an option to turn this off.

Attachments

• 10588.jpg
    10588.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I really hope Samsung issues an update to make this a toggle option. this is going to cause a lot of burn-in issues for us.

cgg074

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
When you put the phone with the screen facing down (or cover the upper dimming sensor) you will see that the charging status dims VERY dark. You can't even see it. Just keep your phone with the screen facing down and you will not get any screen burn.

I hope Samsung fixes this issue.

In the meantime, since it charges so fast, I'm turning off the phone while charging.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
When you put the phone with the screen facing down (or cover the upper dimming sensor) you will see that the charging status dims VERY dark. You can't even see it. Just keep your phone with the screen facing down and you will not get any screen burn.

I hope Samsung fixes this issue.

In the meantime, since it charges so fast, I'm turning off the phone while charging.

I am definitely surprised at how fast it charges. I used to leave my Note8 on the wireless charger at night while it does slow charge, but even then, it was charging pretty quickly. So far I haven't needed to use any of my wireless chargers, as I've only needed to charge from about 26% to 100% (I think only twice so far) in about an hour or less. And I've taken it off the charger right away. When I tried to charge my Note10 on the same wireless charging pad I used on my Note8, it said it would take almost 3 hours. I may use it for slow charging on the pad at night in the future, but in any case, the chance of the screen burn in is still concerning, especially on such a big screen.

Khara 1

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
I have the same problem, i turn the phone off while charging thats the only time it doesnt show

I have the same problem, i turn my phone off, thats the only time it doesnt show

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Download a black wallpapermfeom.google and move it to a new.foldernim your gallery with nothing else in it.

Then go to settings, dianplay and screensaver and choose the photo frame option.

Choose the folder.your black wallpaper is in.

Then when you out the phone on charge let the screen timeout as normal.and you'll just see a black screen.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine moves on the screen ever so slightly. Also it's not bright enough to cause screen burn in. I think Samsung included this function so that we'll see the phone is charging since there's no longer a led light. Samsung thought this thru nicely that's why it's not bright enough to cause burn in...

If it wasn't there we'd be complaining about not having a visual to let us know our phone is charging. Lol.
Anyone? Does this also happen on the S10 series because there's no LED notification light?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I've heard turning screen saver on fixes this

It doesn't fix it, just masks it. I suppose you can use a black pic for the screensaver to prevent any light for those who need that
I read disabling AOD stops it, but some like AOD. The LED apps require AOD unless you use the camera ring so...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It doesn't fix it, just masks it. I suppose you can use a black pic for the screensaver to prevent any light for those who need that
I read disabling AOD stops it, but some like AOD. The LED apps require AOD unless you use the camera ring so...
Yeah just relaying what I've been seeing in the forums, how about if you use tap to display AOD ?