Note 10/+ gripes

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Ok I see people's problems setting up their phones but teething problems aside do you have any gripes or are you missing any features from previous phones???

I have one gripe and that's the notification LED, I miss that very much and I hope we get some sort of update that give us that ring around the front cam to light up
I know there are apps that try to do this but they seem to quit after initial notification.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't really miss the LED as it was never something I looked for. But it would occasionally grab my attention. However, the AOD notifications were something I looked for more often. I feel like they could pretty easily make a seeing that would occasionally blink the AOD notifications instead. For other functions like charge indicator, I think a more visible lightning bolt could be enough. They could blink that a little more brightly too.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
It's still early (for me) but if I were to pick one thing, it would be that the S-Pen is a little smaller making it just a little harder to grip.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok I see people's problems setting up their phones but teething problems aside do you have any gripes or are you missing any features from previous phones???

I have one gripe and that's the notification LED, I miss that very much and I hope we get some sort of update that give us that ring around the front cam to light up
I know there are apps that try to do this but they seem to quit after initial notification.
Still have this option in accessibility Screenshot_20190826-190751_Accessibility.jpeg

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
More an annoyance with Verizon than the phone but wishing Hiya was preloaded like on the unlocked versions. Got so used to it on my unlocked S10+ and now I'm missing it being baked right into the Samsung dialer on the Verizon Note 10+

isammy

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I miss being able to do a lock screen note and it goes straight to the intended app. Write a phone number it went to the contacts. Write a Url it goes straight to the web. Note 7 is RIP

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I do miss the LED notification light. I am playing around with edge lighting and AOD for notifications. But I fear screen burn if I keep the AOD on all the time.

The most annoying this for me is that when the phone is plugged into the charger, the green battery icon along with the words 100% fully charged NEVER go away. Yes, thanks for letting me know the phone is fully charged, but I don't need that on there ALL the time when the phone is plugged in. I have tried every trick to make it go away, but I have given up.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried unplugging the phone?
I do miss the LED notification light. I am playing around with edge lighting and AOD for notifications. But I fear screen burn if I keep the AOD on all the time.

The most annoying this for me is that when the phone is plugged into the charger, the green battery icon along with the words 100% fully charged NEVER go away. Yes, thanks for letting me know the phone is fully charged, but I don't need that on there ALL the time when the phone is plugged in. I have tried every trick to make it go away, but I have given up.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got the phone today. My issue is not really a gripe. It's just something I have to get used to and that's the power button being on left. I automatically feel for it on the right. I'm also still wanting to do the fps on the back.

Ohioan

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got the phone today. My issue is not really a gripe. It's just something I have to get used to and that's the power button being on left. I automatically feel for it on the right. I'm also still wanting to do the fps on the back.

This! I traded in my Note 8 for this phone. I'm constantly trying to find the power button know the right and unlock my phone with the finger scanner on the back.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I too miss the notification light. AOD can use the camera ring, but I'll wait to see if there are any adverse effects of that from other users before I use it regularly on mine.

I've looked for ways of disabling the fully charged notification as well.

Unplugging the phone is a viable option unless of course you're charging it after going to bed for the night.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
The Note 4 was a great phone. For a long time it was my favorite Note. The N10+ looks to dethrone it. :)
Haha.. Only one other Note has a special place bc it was my first..
88ff40505e1f78657a2e08600d86ff67.jpg
54e6df28267be1b18daddb2b6dd2c3a2.jpg

cannibalstreet

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Had aod on with my note 8 for two years and never had any screen burn issues.