Declined on trade in because of BS reason that simply isn't true

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Effectively. I just chatted with one of their reps. He said he understands my concern, but promises that if I am not refunded the $600 too, I can just contact them back and they'll sort that out quickly. Given how slow they have been to do anything, I asked him to just correct the email to include the full amount. He said he can't because the price I originally paid is all that can be reflected in this automated email.

I suspect their ERP system probably does have that restriction. But at the end of the day, it took me threatening to sue them just to get them to send me the shipping label. They were not interested in helping me at all. From word 1, it was sorry, the trade was declined. No further communication necessary, etc. Push, escalate, wait 30 mins, get a supervisor, then ok, maybe we can look into it and so on. I don't have time for this. I'll sell the Pixel 3 and cut my losses.
Man , so sorry you dealing with this , just get it done quickly and move on from this ..

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They didn't say how long. But I can't risk the $600.
Once you return, the refund will be processed in 2-3 days. I had both the Note 10 and Note 10+, returned the Note 10. Once they received the phone they refunded in 2-3 days. It was fast.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Good to know. Still though unless they send me a new shipping label that includes the full value, I won't return.
Once you return, the refund will be processed in 2-3 days. I had both the Note 10 and Note 10+, returned the Note 10. Once they received the phone they refunded in 2-3 days. It was fast.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes - once they declined my trade, within 5 minutes of my receiving the decline notice, I was charged the $600. I've now moved on. Keeping the phone, sold the Pixel 3 for $379. Ordered a 45W charger.
It's really terrible that it couldn't have been handled differently. You made the best of a bad situation

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes - once they declined my trade, within 5 minutes of my receiving the decline notice, I was charged the $600. I've now moved on. Keeping the phone, sold the Pixel 3 for $379. Ordered a 45W charger.
Wow man that sucks. Unfortunate it happened and Samsung should have definitely handled it better and made it right. I mean big deal ship the phone back to the customer and have them remove the lock and ship it back. Or they could have done it many different ways. Most of these companies suck at customer service.

At least glad to hear you have put this behind and moved on.

SARCtech

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
I just got notified that I was declined the trade in of my Pixel 3 worth $600 for the trade to an unlocked Note 10+ because "my device was not factory reset." That is nonsense. It absolutely was factory reset. I've contacted Samsung support, but am not expecting joy with this given past threads about this.

Same here but with a Pixel 2 XL. You could clearly see that it was in setup mode from the pictures they attached to the email. All the tech had to do was hit the small back button in the lower left corner of the screen and he would have been at the first setup screen. I spent an hour on chat with Samsung support and got a supervisor who eventually agreed to cancel the charge back. Good luck.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here but with a Pixel 2 XL. You could clearly see that it was in setup mode from the pictures they attached to the email. All the tech had to do was hit the small back button in the lower left corner of the screen and he would have been at the first setup screen. I spent an hour on chat with Samsung support and got a supervisor who eventually agreed to cancel the charge back. Good luck.
If you read the entire thread you would see that the OP's phone still had his account on it unfortunately.

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I had this same concern....on my P3xl. Yes I factory reset it....but it had android beta on it. after about a week, it went through no other issue. I made sure to leave the device in the turn on straight into setup phase, to remove all questions....and took pics of that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had this same concern....on my P3xl. Yes I factory reset it....but it had android beta on it. after about a week, it went through no other issue. I made sure to leave the device in the turn on straight into setup phase, to remove all questions....and took pics of that.
You kept the beta on and factory reset it ?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I was worried they weren't gonna accept my trade in because I waited until the last possible day to send it in. When I got to Walgreen's to drop it off, she said that ground had already left for the day so it wouldn't be picked up until the next day. I got my email that they've received it, but nothing since.
You got it scanned on the date... It was sent.