Can't seem to install Samsung_Android driver to support DeX?

Gerbe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Driving (so to speak) me crazy. Windows 7, 64 bit, new Note 10+, installed DeX but can't get the USB drivers to install. Always get MSS InstallWizard failed to install. Have uninstalled and reinstalled DeX and drivers several times, also tried to install USB Driver for Windows from Developer site. No luck. What erudite power user out there can tell me what to do?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Driving (so to speak) me crazy. Windows 7, 64 bit, new Note 10+, installed DeX but can't get the USB drivers to install. Always get MSS InstallWizard failed to install. Have uninstalled and reinstalled DeX and drivers several times, also tried to install USB Driver for Windows from Developer site. No luck. What erudite power user out there can tell me what to do?

Maybe the DEX app works better on Windows 10 versus 7? I have 2 different Windows 10 laptops, and both of them installed DEX perfectly without issues and connecting to my Note 10+ with ease.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Only have a Win10 machine to test on and it worked right away .

Only thing I can think of is removing any driver related to the phone from the Windows Device Manager, restart the computer and re-connect the phone via USB to re-prompt the driver install.
It's worth a shot , thanks for your advice as always:)

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I Can't remember where i saw it, But it's been a while , but did read something about DeX working only on Win10 , just saying , maybe theres a way to make it work on W7

Gerbe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Just digging a bigger hole. Drivers fail to install from DeX, from Samsung Developer, from Softonics, V1.7... and V1.5...

Plus, in an always extraordinarily productive temper tantrum I deleted Samsung Dex and the associated folders. Now Samsung Dex won't install (as soon as I click "I agree to terms" it just quits.). Cleaned my registry file, but have run out of ideas.

Any other source for Samsung drivers, with maybe a different install program wrapped around them? Any ideas what Samsung Dex is looking for that I threw away?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Before you burn down the phone...have you tried it in a different Win7 computer? I wonder if it's something specific to your computer rather than a Win7/Note10 combo issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non