do not disturb keeps turning itself off overnight

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
sorry to piggyback this discussion, but why doesn't DND mean DND? I still get emails every night even with it on. is there any way to stop this behavior? I'm po'd during the night and every morning when I wake up. thanks.

Do you have certain contacts marked as favorites? If so, are those emails coming from those contacts? I have my DnD set to only get notifications from any contacts marked as a favorite. I only have about six people marked as a favorite.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you have certain contacts marked as favorites? If so, are those emails coming from those contacts?
thanks. yes, I do the same, and no the incoming emails are from vendors or credit card companies. that's why I don't get it and I'm miffed. it allows any email message through and I can't figure it out.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
thanks. yes, I do the same, and no the incoming emails are from vendors or credit card companies. that's why I don't get it and I'm miffed. it allows any email message through and I can't figure it out.

Interesting. Could it be a Sprint thing?

When I wake up in the morning, I have several notifications, however, I don't get audio notifications until 6:00AM when DnD turns off.

Here is what my DnD looks like:

Screenshot_20190926-091946_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190926-092010_Settings.jpg

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Could it be a Sprint thing?
it could be. sprint does weirdness like that. it could be something I have disabled too. I'm pretty strict with what I allow, but, it's also been like that since the first day so actually pretty unlikely and/or hard to trace back. I only added app blocking later.

for nots I don't allow sound because I check my device too frequently anyway for client emails. so I typically see anything coming through, but at night it starts my mind working and I can't go back to sleep so I need them to not show up.

thanks. I'll check my settings against yours. hopefully something will make a difference or I just need to start disabling the mail app at night. what a pita that would be though... all its own warts

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
it could be. sprint does weirdness like that. it could be something I have disabled too. I'm pretty strict with what I allow, but, it's also been like that since the first day so actually pretty unlikely and/or hard to trace back. I only added app blocking later.

for nots I don't allow sound because I check my device too frequently anyway for client emails. so I typically see anything coming through, but at night it starts my mind working and I can't go back to sleep so I need them to not show up.

thanks. I'll check my settings against yours. hopefully something will make a difference or I just need to start disabling the mail app at night. what a pita that would be though... all its own warts

No worries. I learned to filter certain things a LONG time ago. After 22 years in the Army, I learned to say, "f$@%it, it can wait until tomorrow."

just_luc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
dragging up an old thread but I am still having this issue. nearly everyday but no every day DND just turns itself off.. can't seem to figure out why. anybody else ?

also related or unrelated I'm not sure. I've noticed that about 60% of the time when I leave a wifi area my phone doesn't have data until I enable/disable airplane more or go onto connections and disable/enable the mobile network.. so strange

just_luc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
thinking I might have to try a factory reset soon. wonder if my issues are cause by importing old settings from my note 8

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
thinking I might have to try a factory reset soon. wonder if my issues are cause by importing old settings from my note 8

Yeah, you might have to try a factory reset as not many others are experiencing this issue. When I switch up phones, like right now I'm on the Pixel 4, I leave my Note 10+ on DND so I can still keep it on and get app updates and what not and it never turns itself off even after a scheduled restart.

just_luc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you might have to try a factory reset as not many others are experiencing this issue. When I switch up phones, like right now I'm on the Pixel 4, I leave my Note 10+ on DND so I can still keep it on and get app updates and what not and it never turns itself off even after a scheduled restart.

sadly it seems the only option but I will not be pleased if I go through all that and it doesn't fix