No toggle for Fast Wireless Charge on N10+

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Would you actually use it often?
I would. I don't have fast wireless charging turned on. Most the time I'm wireless charging over night so no need for it, but occasionally I need to do it other times and it would be nice to have a quick way to turn it on or off as needed, it's kind of a pain the way it is now.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Fast charging doesn't shorten the battery life or cause any other problems, so there's really no need to turn it off. If the phone is sitting on the charger all night, it will charge to 100%, stop charging and, if during the night it drains down past the trigger point (probably around 97% or 98%) it will top off again, the same as with regular charging. (Fast charging stops at around 70% anyway, then you're back to normal charging, so the battery doesn't overheat.)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Fast charging doesn't shorten the battery life or cause any other problems, so there's really no need to turn it off. If the phone is sitting on the charger all night, it will charge to 100%, stop charging and, if during the night it drains down past the trigger point (probably around 97% or 98%) it will top off again, the same as with regular charging. (Fast charging stops at around 70% anyway, then you're back to normal charging, so the battery doesn't overheat.)
I know that's what I hear all the time, but I'm old school yet, lol. I always hear heat is bad for batteries and fast charging usually causes more heat so I just don't use it since it's all night charging and there's no hurry. I suppose I should just change my old school thinking. Lol

just_luc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

If that was true why would Samsung turn it off by default and why give the option to turn it on and off at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez