Galaxy Note 10 - Can't Add Yahoo E-mail

Dominicus Saxon

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I combed through the forums for this topic but the only ones I found were years old, and didn't work. I'm hoping for some updated advice on how to get my Yahoo E-mail account set up on my phone. I'm using the BlueMail app and have used it for years, works great on my old Galaxy S8+

I add a new e-mail account, choose Yahoo and agree for the phone and app to have access to my yahoo e-mail account.

As soon as it starts Authenticating I get the following error pop up
Error
Network unavailable, cannot authenticate. Please try again later (3005)

Thing is, I can log into my yahoo e-mail on my desktop just fine.

This is my main e-mail account, so any help or advice or step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I was having a similar issue with my work email, using exchange, but in the BlackBerry Hub app. I was able to add my work email in Outlook, but for some reason I kept getting a similar error for my work email. I had conceded to just using Outlook for my work email, until I had to do a wipe for a different reason. Once I had my device up to where I wanted it to be, the only thing I did different the second time around was I didn't restore apps from a backup. in SD read i only restored contacts, messages and random other data. But I manually reinstalled my apps, and then when I added my accounts into the Hub app, everything worked without issues.

Did you restore your apps from a backup, or manually install your apps from the beginning?

Dominicus Saxon

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The BlueMail app was brought over to this new phone from my old Galaxy S8+

I will uninstall the app completely and try to set up my 3 e-mail accounts fresh.

To answer the first reply above, no I'm not using the 2 part authentication. Just the user e-mail and password.

Thank you both for your replies, I will update shortly

Dominicus Saxon

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope, unfortunately uninstalling and reinstalling the BlueMail app didn't work. It let me do my g-mail and cableone e-mail accounts, but not the yahoo one. Kept getting the same error when it tries to authenticate the incoming server

Error

I did install the yahoo e-mail app and it works perfectly with my yahoo e-mail account, naturally. I was just hoping to avoid having multiple e-mail apps to check.

If anyone has any other ideas to try please let me know, thank you !

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Nope, unfortunately uninstalling and reinstalling the BlueMail app didn't work. It let me do my g-mail and cableone e-mail accounts, but not the yahoo one. Kept getting the same error when it tries to authenticate the incoming server

Error

I did install the yahoo e-mail app and it works perfectly with my yahoo e-mail account, naturally. I was just hoping to avoid having multiple e-mail apps to check.

If anyone has any other ideas to try please let me know, thank you !

It may be a pain in the but, but I would consider wiping and restoring contacts and other data only, and manually install all apps again. That is ultimately how I got my apps to work properly and get all my email accounts into one aggregated app.

Dominicus Saxon

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Heh, in my case it would be more than a pain to wipe out my contacts. I use this phone for work so I have nearly a thousand (yes, 941) contacts in my phone. Looks like I will just keep the yahoo e-mail app on my bottom toolbar since it's my main one, and the other two on the bluemail app on the 2nd page screen since I don't use them very often. Then work on updating the e-mail on those sites to yahoo.

Thanks !

Dominicus Saxon

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info, B. Diddy, I didn't know what the imap and stmp info should be.

You guys will not believe this but I went to the BlueMail app to try to manually set up yahoo e-mail with that info and ... it just authenticated and worked without a hitch.

Murphey's Law huh ? 3 days of fighting with it and it's like "oh, you wanted your e-mail, well it's right here, Little Buddy"

Thanks for all the great tips and help though. Love this site and this community !

zorian99

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
my problem with yahoo mail is that I need to delete and redo it every 2 weeks because yahoo logs me out.....I am using an att sbcglobal account