Office Mobile apk

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I still use my Note9 on the SA MTN network. On my note 10 I have backed up the Office Mobile app using ES f8le explorer tools.
Copied that apk to the note9 and sideloaded Office Mobile.
Works exactly as on the Note 10

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I still use my Note9 on the SA MTN network. On my note 10 I have backed up the Office Mobile app using ES f8le explorer tools.
Copied that apk to the note9 and sideloaded Office Mobile.
Works exactly as on the Note 10
What is SA MTN network? And why would you need to sideload Office Mobile when you could install the office apps from the play store? I'm really asking out of curiosity and not trying to be a jerk.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
South Africa =SA MTN is a local cellular provider.

With the bundled Office Mobile (the collaboration between Samsung and MS), I don't need excel, word power point or one drive as separate apps on my note9. It's all part of the bundle. The bundled version is not available as an app in Google Play store nor Galaxy store, hence the sideload.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Why sideload? Why not just extract an .apk, copy the .apk to the new phone, then install by tapping the .apk? (Sideloading is done by installing from a .zip in Recovery.)

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Why sideload? Why not just extract an .apk, copy the .apk to the new phone, then install by tapping the .apk? (Sideloading is done by installing from a .zip in Recovery.)
Sorry I used incorrect terminology. I did the installation as Rukbat described.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I used incorrect terminology.
while it may not be the correct terminology, I've used it do describe that process, along with others who do the same. it's different than getting it from the store so to me it is sideloading, however correct or incorrect as a term. just a broader use of the term.