Not One, But Two Notes on the Screen-Off Note Telling You How to Use It

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It does as soon as you start writing.

it didn't for me and that was the issue along with the black note instead of white. Sammy did a whammy and changed settings up/created new ones without notification. until I started poking I didn't find the new settings and then the screen text notes went away, but not until I changed the settings. I tried several times and they were persistent up until that point.

not imaginary, but real and persistent regardless of what everyone else's experience was/is. it's fixed now though. had two change two things in the new settings options and the unwanted instructions vanished. never saw them before and don't ever want to see them again.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My screen was off, I pulled out my S Pen and started writing. I got the same thing you posed in #4, but I just started writing. I didn't even need to press the S Pen button.
my post was about if the pen was out already out and the screen was off. used to you could double click and start writing. that is gone. now you have to press the button and put the stylus on the screen. if I pull the pen out it wakes the screen instead of leaving it off. it's a pita.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
my post was about if the pen was out already out and the screen was off. used to you could double click and start writing. that is gone. now you have to press the button and put the stylus on the screen. if I pull the pen out it wakes the screen instead of leaving it off. it's a pita.
Wait, if your screen is off, and you remove the pen, it waks the screen instead of giving you the screen off memo?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
May e try turning screen off memo off in s pen settings, exiting, then going back in and turning it on.

thank you!!! that made it work right. still have the issue if the pen is out already but hopefully I can fix that or find a workaround. everything was fine the last time I used it and then today my former ways of doing things no longer worked.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
you now have a button that is multi-function. The double click action is one of three functions, open camera, open Bixby, or open an app that you designate.
I have mine mapped to the camera. is there a way to map it to screen off note? the whole pressing the button, touching the screen method (per the rancid screen instructions) isn't working for me. if I could initiate screen off note with the side button when the screen is off and the pen is out it would work much better for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non