Data still not working.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday u made a post about my cellular data not working on my 10 plus. I thought I found a fix by putting my phone in flight mode for a few minutes and then turning it off. It worked , but only temporarily. Will a total reset maybe fix this or should I have AT&T exchange ? I really don't want to reset my phone but I also don't want to pay a $200 deductible. Either way I'm setting up my phone again.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday u made a post about my cellular data not working on my 10 plus. I thought I found a fix by putting my phone in flight mode for a few minutes and then turning it off. It worked , but only temporarily. Will a total reset maybe fix this or should I have AT&T exchange ? I really don't want to reset my phone but I also don't want to pay a $200 deductible. Either way I'm setting up my phone again.

If it is defective then you won't have to pay a deductible. Since it's within the 1 year manufacturer warranty they would do a warranty exchange unless you have physical damage done to the device. Did you try doing a reset of just your network settings? And also checking connectivity in Safe Mode? You also might want to try a new SIM card too. If you've tried all that then just call AT&T Support to file a warranty claim amd make sure you tell them that you've tried everything including a factory reset that way you don't have to spend hours on the phone with them troubleshooting and they just send out a replacement device to you.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
And now it's not working again. Lol

Could be a SIM card problem. If you have another SIM card put it in the same slot and see what happens. If the second card works fine them it's not a phone defect. Oops ! I forgot that your phone is a carrier phone. My bad. It's epileptic pattern still makes me think it's a SIM card issuer. Keep us posted.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
And its not working again. Let me prepare myself for this phone call . AT&T's customer service has not been the best in the last few years. Lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I put the phone in safe mode and everything worked fine , but *** soon as I took it out of safe mode it went back to not working. Does that mean something I've downloaded could be the issue ?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry . I didn't see your response. Thank you as well.
No worries lol
I put the phone in safe mode and everything worked fine , but *** soon as I took it out of safe mode it went back to not working. Does that mean something I've downloaded could be the issue ?
Yeah sounds like a software issue. Something is messing up your network connections.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I've uninstalled the last apps I downloaded, wiped cache, and reset the network still nothing.
I know you'll hate reading this but Honestly a factory reset may be your only option since you now know the hardware is good in Safe Mode. You can still do a backup and restore just don't restore any system settings. Home screen settings should be fine to restore.

OR

Since you know you have to factory reset maybe still pursue a warranty replacement. Just let them know you've tried everything under the sun and they typically don't fuss about and just process the warranty replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77