Note 10+ or S20+?

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm confused on which one to pick up. Currently using a Pixel 3 axl and I originally skipped the Note 10+ in favor of the S 10+. The Note 9 was my last Note I used. Now I'm thinking about getting another Note. There are pros and cons of each one. The Note is $100 cheaper then the S20 and has 256 GB vs 128 on the S20 as a base model. The Note has 12gb memory and I think the S20+ has 8. A spen is important even though I really don't use it all that much. But I read the camera is kind of so so on the Note and then the camera should be killer on the S20+. Both should be easy to hold in the hands. I'll wait and see the S20 in person and see what promotions T-Mobile has to offer.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused on which one to pick up. Currently using a Pixel 3 axl and I originally skipped the Note 10+ in favor of the S 10+. The Note 9 was my last Note I used. Now I'm thinking about getting another Note. There are pros and cons of each one. The Note is $100 cheaper then the S20 and has 256 GB vs 128 on the S20 as a base model. The Note has 12gb memory and I think the S20+ has 8. A spen is important even though I really don't use it all that much. But I read the camera is kind of so so on the Note and then the camera should be killer on the S20+. Both should be easy to hold in the hands. I'll wait and see the S20 in person and see what promotions T-Mobile has to offer.

Note 10 Plus imo.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
How is the camera on the 10+? I thought the camera on my Note 9 was adequate and the S10+ was pretty good. So I'm assuming the Note 10+ should be better.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It'll basically come down to what's more important to you. The S-Pen and double the storage for cheaper is hard to pass up IMO. Then again if the camera is the most important thing for you the S20+ does have an entirely new setup. You'll also have to think about how long you plan on keeping the phone, and how important 5G is to you. If you're a person who upgrades fairly often I'm not sure 5G is something to be concerned with. But if you plan on keeping the phone 2 or more years, 5G might come into play as well.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
It'll basically come down to what's more important to you. The S-Pen and double the storage for cheaper is hard to pass up IMO. Then again if the camera is the most important thing for you the S20+ does have an entirely new setup. You'll also have to think about how long you plan on keeping the phone, and how important 5G is to you. If you're a person who upgrades fairly often I'm not sure 5G is something to be concerned with. But if you plan on keeping the phone 2 or more years, 5G might come into play as well.

Yeah 5G is not even in my area yet even though though T-Mobile advertises as covering the Nation in 5G coverage. It'll be more than one year to take full advantage of the 5G service.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah 5G is not even in my area yet even though though T-Mobile advertises as covering the Nation in 5G coverage. It'll be more than one year to take full advantage of the 5G service.

I've checked TMo's map, and I should have 5G coverage, but I won't know until I buy a 5G phone. I think by the time I upgrade to either the Note 20 or the iPhone 12 they'll both have 5G standard, so I'm in the "I'll have 5G when I have it" camp. I'm not gonna buy a new phone just for 5G.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I've checked TMo's map, and I should have 5G coverage, but I won't know until I buy a 5G phone. I think by the time I upgrade to either the Note 20 or the iPhone 12 they'll both have 5G standard, so I'm in the "I'll have 5G when I have it" camp. I'm not gonna buy a new phone just for 5G.

What phone are you currently using?

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Just seen on Swappa someone is selling a Note 10+ for $590, but with no s-pen. I still have my s-pen from my Note 9. That is a really good deal. And they are about 45 minutes north of me. Has anyone had luck with Swappa?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Just seen on Swappa someone is selling a Note 10+ for $590, but with no s-pen. I still have my s-pen from my Note 9. That is a really good deal. And they are about 45 minutes north of me. Has anyone had luck with Swappa?

Will a Note 9 pen fit in a Note 10+?

I've bought off Swappa, and it was fine.

houtek

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It's an entirely personal decision, of course. I bought the Note 10+ on the rebound from Apple, but I don't use the pen, and I'd like a little less weight. I have submitted a reservation for the S20+. Here are my reasons: a $700 trade-in for the Note, plus a $200 credit that will give me a free upgrade to my Galaxy Buds, faster processor, the correct version of 5G for Verizon, and a better trade-in value next time. Also, I'm very interested in the Z Flip, but I'd rather give it a year to prove itself.

Last edited:

encelle111

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am currently using a Note10 plus an love it. I covet the better camera, but not worth the huge financial penalty for trading in my Note... And while I don't use the s pen daily, love it when I do.

maher shtat

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Surly the note 10 plus is the choice, it has the upper hand on other phone with the stylus features.
No matter camera on s20 phones are a bit better but that is not enough to make a preference over others.

bonedatt

May 6, 2013
Visit site

I've sold and bought on Swappa with no problem. Are you planning on slotting your Note9 S-Pen in that Note10 plus?

dmevis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just bought an S10+, yesterday. I was going to buy one during last years Black Friday sales but decided to wait for the S20 series. I have read every post and leak about the S20 series. I finally decided that most of the features of the S20 don't interest me. I have no interest in 5G. It isn't even available in San Diego, and when Verizon finally does release it's fatally flawed MM Wave 5G, it will be unusable. The bigger batteries will be consumed looking for 5G signals that don't exist. Faster CPU? Existing processors are plenty fast. The only thing about the S20 that really interested me was the big camera, but that is only available on the S20 Ultra, and i don't want to carry a phone that big.

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
All S20's have 12gb ram except the higher end ultra has 16gb.

Personally, I'd go Note 10+ for less $$$ (and I have one). Better storage, same ram...only big differences are the 120hz screen and the cameras, but it's still Sammy software running the cameras so I'm skeptical as to whether there will be any easily noticeable differences at all.

And 5G shouldn't even be a consideration for at least another year or two.

Also, I like how the Note is squared off better than the rounding off of the S20's (and s10's for that matter).