UAG Monarch are they worth the 59.99?

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Are the Monarch cases worth the money? I want protection for my phone but they seem a little oversized and I wanted to know if they were as good or better than other cases like otter box or lifeproof?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
IMO they are absolutely worth the $$. I've had the Monarch for everyone of my past phones and it's the first case I've ordered for the Note 10+

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting the Samsung rugged case as part of my freebie bundle so I'm passing on it. Samsung case includes kickstand as well. But the monarch is a strong case. Just no point for me to fork over $60 when I'm getting the rugged case and armadillo case for free. Decided to buy the ghostek atomic slim case though. That's a great protective case with more unique features

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Are the Monarch cases worth the money? I want protection for my phone but they seem a little oversized and I wanted to know if they were as good or better than other cases like otter box or lifeproof?

Simple answer: No. They are not worth the money. Are they just as good as OtterBox and LifeProof? Yes, but there are many other options that are just as good or better for half the price.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Definitely not worth it I had the note 9 monarch and just packed up the note 10 monarch for return. There is a definite feel in the quality. The note 10 monarch feels flimsy compared to the note 9 version.

I will say that the Samsung rugged case is outstanding.

knowledge775

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
Definitely not worth it I had the note 9 monarch and just packed up the note 10 monarch for return. There is a definite feel in the quality. The note 10 monarch feels flimsy compared to the note 9 version.

I will say that the Samsung rugged case is outstanding.
Sounds like you may have gotten a defective case. My UAG Monarch is far from flimsy... The build quality is similar to last year's Note 9.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the Samsung rugged case as part of my freebie bundle so I'm passing on it. Samsung case includes kickstand as well. But the monarch is a strong case. Just no point for me to fork over $60 when I'm getting the rugged case and armadillo case for free. Decided to buy the ghostek atomic slim case though. That's a great protective case with more unique features
I am trying to refrain from buying extra cases until my $150 Samsung credit comes through for my preorder bonus

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
They are not worth the money. I bought a UAG carbon fiber one for my XS Max, and still use it, but compared to Spigen ones, and being 3x as much, I won't do it again. It started to get loose around the sides after a while.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ringke brought me toys

Fusion Camo Black, Fusion Clear, and Onyx Black. It's Xmas at the Dee house every day or at least every week.20190824_152907.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
They are not worth the money. I bought a UAG carbon fiber one for my XS Max, and still use it, but compared to Spigen ones, and being 3x as much, I won't do it again. It started to get loose around the sides after a while.
With your own money you're probably right. Trick is to spend someone else's. When that's not feasible Best Big Bang for the Buck in total protective gear or what I call the 4Bs is Armadillo Tek. Affordable, light weight, often discounted......and built in hinge for viewing portrait or landscape.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
With your own money you're probably right. Trick is to spend someone else's. When that's not feasible Best Big Bang for the Buck in total protective gear or what I call the 4Bs is Armadillo Tek. Affordable, light weight, often discounted......and built in hinge for viewing portrait or landscape.
Last two cases I had from them the quality was crap and the phone fit loose inside of the case. Wasnt impresses by armadillo. Man lie about their cases since they literally give their cases away to everyone to not say the truth.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Last two cases I had from them the quality was crap and the phone fit loose inside of the case. Wasnt impresses by armadillo. Man lie about their cases since they literally give their cases away to everyone to not say the truth.
Well I guess we treat our stuff differently. I haven't had any trouble with anyone's cases. Personally I tend to go with lightweight stuff unless I'm in ruff terrain.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The question is, is any case worth $60? In my opinion with all the quality $30 or less cases anything over $30 isn't worth it. I used to buy the otterbox defender for $50, but with Zizo bolt and supcase unicorn beetle pro for half the price I cant bring myself to spend the money. If your looking for a thin case with good protection Spigen makes some good ones for less than $20. I dropped my s10+ a few times face first on concrete with no damage in my Spigen case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez