odin bootloader failed...now what?

miskitty

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I was using this tutorial: DOWNGRADE AND UNLOCK SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 S3 VERSION 4.1.2 AT&T TMOBILE FREE STEPS BY STEPS - YouTube

I've been trying to downgrade my Note 2 to 4.1.1 so that I can unlock it, but it's taken me a few days to track down the right firmware. It's a Korean phone from Olleh KT model number SHV-E250K. I think that the firmware I downloaded wasn't correct because when Odin was running the bootloader I got a fail message and it froze. I tried running it with firmware for this model but 4.1.2, but it is also failing. Now when I try to turn on the phone it looks like this.

20131201_200618.jpg

Sorry it's sideways. Even though the text is in Korean, the icon warning would be for the same thing in English.

I didn't backup the firmware or anything because the tutorial didn't tell me I needed to do that. Well it's all pretty dumb on my part but I'm extremely uneducated for this kind of thing. If you can direct me to what I should do to fix this and suggest what steps to take to unlock it correctly that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was using this tutorial:

I've been trying to downgrade my Note 2 to 4.1.1 so that I can unlock it, but it's taken me a few days to track down the right firmware. It's a Korean phone from Olleh KT model number SHV-E250K. I think that the firmware I downloaded wasn't correct because when Odin was running the bootloader I got a fail message and it froze. I tried running it with firmware for this model but 4.1.2, but it is also failing. Now when I try to turn on the phone it looks like this.

Sorry it's sideways. Even though the text is in Korean, the icon warning would be for the same thing in English.

I didn't backup the firmware or anything because the tutorial didn't tell me I needed to do that. Well it's all pretty dumb on my part but I'm extremely uneducated for this kind of thing. If you can direct me to what I should do to fix this and suggest what steps to take to unlock it correctly that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Can you get back into download mode?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that is the only thing I can make it do.

Flashing a stock ROM would be the only thing I can think of to do. However, since it is a phone from a different country, it may be difficult to flash a stock ROM to it. Different regions have different file set ups, which is what I think happened to your device.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38