Bought Note 2 rooted with cyanogenmod. I want to go back to factory settings

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Someone please post acqurate ways to unroot and uninstall this stupid os and get it back to normal. In lamans terms. Please and thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: bought note 2 rooted with stupid cyanogenmod o want to gp back to factory settings

What version of the Note 2 do you have?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: bought note 2 rooted with stupid cyanogenmod o want to gp back to factory settings

Someone please post acqurate ways to unroot and uninstall this stupid os and get it back to normal. In lamans terms. Please and thank you.

Download a program called Odin. Boot the phone into download mode (hold power + volume up + home)
Connect it to your PC and get the stock firmware from sammobile.com (Make sure it's the correct model number)
Flash the stock file from Odin :)
Sounds a little hard but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. There's a ton of vids on YouTube too

Posted via Android Central App

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Sammobile doesn't have my firmware any other sites?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Sammobile doesn't have my firmware any other sites?

Samsungupdates might have it.
If not, enter your model number and the firmware version you need.
Don't think 4.3 is out yet by the way, get 4.1.2 and update it manually

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I download the firmware on my comp? Cause none of the links are working. They all want me to download Iivid video or something.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I download the firmware on my comp? Cause none of the links are working. They all want me to download Iivid video or something.

Yes, to the computer. It shouldn't prompt you to download anything else unless you can't unzip the files. For that, download 7zip :)

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm downloading the firmware but its downloading .1 mb per minute. I'm scared this is never going to work. I wish I could find someone local to do it for me :((

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm downloading the firmware but its downloading .1 mb per minute. I'm scared this is never going to work. I wish I could find someone local to do it for me :((

It's not as hard as it sounds. Here's a video on how to do it.
Pretty easy to follow :)

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

OK I got the process to install the firm ware but where is it that the CyanogenMod is removed?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

OK I got the process to install the firm ware but where is it that the CyanogenMod is removed?

Installing the stock ROM will remove CM, unroot and give you custom recovery :D

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Positive? I read somewhere I need to remove cm with triangle away then install?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Positive? I read somewhere I need to remove cm with triangle away then install?

Triangle away resets the flash counter. Doesn't remove ROMs. I'm positive :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87