Best headphone for note 2

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
VSonic GR07 (what I use) GR06, GR04, Yamaha EPH-100, UE TF10s. If you can provide a price range, I could give you more recommendations :)
Edit: No offense, but beats are overpriced for what you get and they're not really that good.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Edit: No offense, but beats are overpriced for what you get and they're not really that good.

None taken :) however not sure if you are reffering to these as these are the ones I use...

The Beats Pro headphone, a better beat? | The Audiophiliac - CNET News

"I think the Pro will have more audiophile appeal, but that's not to say it sounds like the open-back designs from Grado and Sennheiser. Those two let more sound from your environment through, but the Pro sounds more "canned" than any of the open-back Grados or Sennheisers I've heard. That open quality may (or may not) be something more audiophile oriented listeners crave. The Pro's bass punch totally creams similarly priced Grados and Sennheisers."

Last edited:

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Any good low end ones? I tend to misplace my headphones a lot so I don't like to spend a lot on them. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks mostly, so supreme high fidelity is not critical. Having said that, its nice when calls sound good.

A microphone is a must.

Thanks.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
None taken :) however not sure if you are reffering to these as these are the ones I use...

The Beats Pro headphone, a better beat? | The Audiophiliac - CNET News

"I think the Pro will have more audiophile appeal, but that's not to say it sounds like the open-back designs from Grado and Sennheiser. Those two let more sound from your environment through, but the Pro sounds more "canned" than any of the open-back Grados or Sennheisers I've heard. That open quality may (or may not) be something more audiophile oriented listeners crave. The Pro's bass punch totally creams similarly priced Grados and Sennheisers."

Well I have two things to say. First I should have asked OP if they wanted over the ears or in ears. Also, I don't know quite as much about overs, but I've seen enough photos of Dre in the studio and he's always wearing AKG, AT, or Grados. Beats iems (in ear monitors) aren't that great, and it's this that leaves me questioning their over the ears.
Any good low end ones? I tend to misplace my headphones a lot so I don't like to spend a lot on them. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks mostly, so supreme high fidelity is not critical. Having said that, its nice when calls sound good.

A microphone is a must.

Thanks.
Take a look at Meelectronics. They make a decent iem, they're affordable, and they offer a mic with most of their models.

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well I have two things to say. First I should have asked OP if they wanted over the ears or in ears. Also, I don't know quite as much about overs, but I've seen enough photos of Dre in the studio and he's always wearing AKG, AT, or Grados. Beats iems (in ear monitors) aren't that great, and it's this that leaves me questioning their over the ears.

Good point. OP please refer to the style of headphone you'd prefer.... I could definitely understand your reasoning but that's almost to say, I've tried apples and don't like them. so you aren't going to try the apple pie. the cream of the crop the best one's offered. You're also talking about two different styles of headphones. I would never buy the iems from dre. Those are a rip I agree. But when you edit or produce electronic or music of that sort you are using a lot of bass and like the editors last line states.....

"The Pro's bass punch totally creams similarly priced Grados and Sennheisers."

Last edited:

Rodman1907

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually ear phone is what I'm looking for, with a price up to 100 USD.
What do you think of new MX 375 model? And is there a specific model which enables phone calls via microphone?
Thanks for the assistance.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently use full size headphones at home (AKG Q701), but for something more portable, I'll be getting these.

V-MODA M-100
8160079486_264326af80_b.jpg

RoC1909

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a set of Sony MDR-7509 Professional "over the ear" cans, and I really like them. Then again, I am getting old and my hearing is not at all what it used to be. :)

NZtechfreak

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I use one of these cans with my Note 2: Beyerdynamic T5p, Ultrasone Edition 8, Ultrasone Signature Pro or Audio Technica ATH-W3000ANV. Via a USB DAC/amp I even sometimes use it with my LCD-2 and GS1000i at home at times.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Take a look at Meelectronics. They make a decent iem, they're affordable, and they offer a mic with most of their models.

I take it you're a Head-Fi member?! :) I have quite a few MeE's from recommendations from that site. My fav right now for gym/everyday use are my trusty JVC Riptidz!

I currently use full size headphones at home (AKG Q701), but for something more portable, I'll be getting these.

V-MODA M-100
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8343/8160079486_264326af80_b.jpg

I've had these in my crosshairs but not sure if summer time use would be that great, lol! Def AMAZING sound out of these from what I've read!

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I take it you're a Head-Fi member?! :) I have quite a few MeE's from recommendations from that site. My fav right now for gym/everyday use are my trusty JVC Riptidz!

I've had these in my crosshairs but not sure if summer time use would be that great, lol! Def AMAZING sound out of these from what I've read!

Those are a sexy pair of headphones.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
For over the head DJ style headphones, I got this one:
83231.jpg
from Monoprice. Comes with 3 different REMOVABLE cables too. And WAY CHEAPER than that overhyped Beats by Dre.

And for in-ear headphones, I went with the Tenqa Bullseyes.
bullseyes_earbuds.png

Cheaper than the Tour or Urbeats, can still make phonecalls, and doesn't get tangled. BEST $20+ spent for each. :D

Thinking about getting this too:
product-remxd-bluetooth-headphones.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress