20-40% battery loss overnight

ecs180

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have been losing 20-40% battery overnight. Thinking it has something to do with either good for enterprise (work email), or maybe the led indicator going off all night.

Can someone confirm if the led indicator causes battery drain? Or a good app that can track which apps are causing the battery drain!

Thanks!

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I also lose on average 20 percent per night. I don't believe it is Good though because I quit that app each night - instead of just letting it remain persistent, where it will still alert you to emails even if you are signed out - and my phone still runs down overnight. I'd like to figure out why it does so too.

Sent from the unparalleled Note 2

budbay1

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I shut virtually everything before going to bed last night and still lost 20% approximately. Maybe need to turn off wifi before bed? Is this issue with all carriers? I'm using at&t. This is not a big deal, more of an annoyance because during the day with use the battery life is great so why does it drain so much overnight!

uploadfromtaptalk1354633688940.jpg

ecs180

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
last night in 8 hours mine was only 11%..i also removed my live wallpaper, downloaded advanced task killer (free), and revised the settings on my weather widgets

still think it should be better, but was happy to alteast see some improvement

it appears alot of people have battery drain from android os, system and cell stand by. hopefully someone reading this can help shed some light on how to reduce the battery drain from them

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I shut virtually everything before going to bed last night and still lost 20% approximately. Maybe need to turn off wifi before bed? Is this issue with all carriers? I'm using at&t. This is not a big deal, more of an annoyance because during the day with use the battery life is great so why does it drain so much overnight!

View attachment 49462

Put juice defender on it. It is the best out there. Also turn off wifi and data.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the international n7100 and use it in the states, with wifi and Bluetooth on I lose about 2-3% overnight. But when I had my AT&T gs3 I would lose on average of 10% a night, I think lte can be to blame

ecs180

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
thanks everyone. i adjusted the advanced wifi settings to keep mine connected to the wifi at night, hoping it would help

read that googles now service is a big battery drain. The consistant updates for traffic, transportation, etc. cause drain. I turned them all off for now, and see if that helps

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks everyone. i adjusted the advanced wifi settings to keep mine connected to the wifi at night, hoping it would help

read that googles now service is a big battery drain. The consistant updates for traffic, transportation, etc. cause drain. I turned them all off for now, and see if that helps

Ya I've heard that too but haven't noticed an issue when it's idle. I would turn your blue tooth, gps, wifi and data right off. See if that makes a difference. You can still get texts and phone calls.

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
2-3% If I shut wifi, data and use block mode. 5% otherwise. So, I don't bother in general. Check your sync setting with your accounts, Google wants you to sync 20 different things every moment for instance. Also, you put more delay between polling emails during off pick time.
My n7100 easily last 2days for me.

Metro2033

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
AT&T Locker will suck the battery dry. I don't even use AT&T locker and found that it was the number 1 app sucking the life out of my battery. Use task killer to kill the darn thing. Unfortunately it appears we cannot uninstall it.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How do u adjust the sync time settings?

You can go to settings/accounts and sync for some programs or go into the preferences in specific programs to change sync time and notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress