Seriously considering the Note 2

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am reading everything and watching every video I can about this phone. It sounds great. I am going tomorrow to handle it again and make sure I'm ok with the size. I just have a couple questions. They seem simple or stupid but I want to be sure I'm making the right choice for me.

I have use both android and iOS in the past. I'm typing this on an iPhone 4. I had the galaxy s3 and loved it except for the GPS. It was awful. It took forever to connect. This was a huge problem. So my first question is, how is the GPS on the Note 2? Does it connect quickly?

Also I think I would use the S pen to cut and paste a lot. When sending to other devices does it work well? In other words does what I paste show up clean in text messages or emails regardless of the phone used by the recipient?

How does the phone handle exchange email? I have used Touchdown in the past but would like to keep my email together like I so on iOS. Does it work well or do people use another email app?

My whole family is on iOS devices so its easy for us to share pictures and things. Is anybody else in a similar situation? How do you handle sharing? I was thinking that Google + would be the way to go. Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback. I really want the bigger screen. I hate this small screen and I just don't see the iPhone 5 being any better really. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I send S-notes all the time and I've had no issues from anyone once they receive it (layout is the same on their end). I cut and paste constantly!

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have use both android and iOS in the past. I'm typing this on an iPhone 4. I had the galaxy s3 and loved it except for the GPS. It was awful. It took forever to connect. This was a huge problem. So my first question is, how is the GPS on the Note 2? Does it connect quickly?

That strange you would have a problem with the gps. I used to have Galaxy S 3 few months ago and my gps connect within 5 or 10 sec after opening gps-related app. I just remember one of the carrier that supply S3 had an issue with gps connection and that was fixed few months ago. Mine is T-Mobile. Or maybe you just have defective phone.

Note 2 connect gps instantly. It work great and I have zero problem with it.

Keep in mind. Samsung will replace the phone if there something wrong with the hardware. You should call Samsung about the gps issue and they will send a replacement. Since it their product that they are selling.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I haven't had any problems on my Note 2, but the S3 I had for a week was horrible and I returned it within a week. GPS was one of my complaints. I have no such complaints with the Note 2.

Also I think I would use the S pen to cut and paste a lot. When sending to other devices does it work well? In other words does what I paste show up clean in text messages or emails regardless of the phone used by the recipient?

Yup. Not a problem at all.

How does the phone handle exchange email? I have used Touchdown in the past but would like to keep my email together like I so on iOS. Does it work well or do people use another email app?

I use the stock mail app. It does combined inboxes and exchange pretty well, but it's not as polished an app as Apple's. Does the job though.

My whole family is on iOS devices so its easy for us to share pictures and things. Is anybody else in a similar situation? How do you handle sharing? I was thinking that Google + would be the way to go. Any thoughts?

I never used Shared Photo Streams ever on my iOS devices. I always texted pictures. Facebook or regular texting work just fine to iOS devices. I also keep my pictures synced with Dropbox. Works just as good as Photo Stream and I can link to the picture if I needed to.

I appreciate any feedback. I really want the bigger screen. I hate this small screen and I just don't see the iPhone 5 being any better really. Thank you.

Once you go bigger screen you never go back. I don't even miss my iPhone 5 and I was happy as a clam when I got it on release date. I'm a hardcore Apple fan and I love the Note 2.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Dont consider it friend, just get it. I've had lots of android phones and most them where htc with the exception of the sgs3 and currently now gn2. I could not be happier with this phone, the size is freaking perfect. I love the wombo size of this beast. Battery is awesome, everything is just about perfect. I dont use the gps all that often so I cant comment too much on it sorry.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much for all of the feedback. It's very helpful. I'll be heading to check out the phone again today. I can't foresee a reason that I won't be walking out with it. It sounds like the phone I need and now I feel better about my concerns. Thanks again.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife had been resistant to getting a Note 2 ONLY because of the size. yesterday she changed her mind and is now a happy owner of a Note 2 which replaced the crappy Bionic.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So I went to Best Buy to get the Note 2 and came home still holding my iPhone 4. There were 3 people in line ahead of me. I left after an hour and the same 3 people ahead of me. I don't know what they do there. I have never bought a phone from best buy before but it was an awful experience today. I only went there because they had the Note 2 for $50 off plus they are giving about $170 for the iPhone 4 32gb which is way more than Verizon and I don't have to deal with selling it.

I was so looking forward to playing with my Note 2 tonight.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So I went to Best Buy to get the Note 2 and came home still holding my iPhone 4. There were 3 people in line ahead of me. I left after an hour and the same 3 people ahead of me. I don't know what they do there. I have never bought a phone from best buy before but it was an awful experience today. I only went there because they had the Note 2 for $50 off plus they are giving about $170 for the iPhone 4 32gb which is way more than Verizon and I don't have to deal with selling it.

I was so looking forward to playing with my Note 2 tonight.

Best buy is the absolute worst place to buy a phone. We bought my wife's gs3 there and it was such a nightmare that I left after 1.5 hours. Decided to purchase it online from a different BB store, and ended up being at that one for over 1.5 hours again.
Next time, I will pay the extra money and buy somewhere else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty