Squeaky loose back cover?

kennethkilo

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Turn your phone over and repeatedly press the top right corner beside the LED flash. Does it make a sound and go inwards a bit? Or is it just my phone...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have this on my Flip Case and I used electrical tape right on the edges of the clip. They still click in but have a much tighter and quiet fit. Not acceptable but I learned to deal with this after my HTC Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Is everyone this extremely picky about their note?

No, mine doesn't do it. I have a case on it, so even if it did, it would NEVER bother me.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

No, mine doesn't do it. I have a case on it, so even if it did, it would NEVER bother me.

For what it's worth no $600+ device should make a sound in terms of build quality. It's fine if it happens once in a great while but if it begins to happen a lot like the DROID RAZR did than there is an issue at hand.

Last edited:

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

No, but some people just like to complain about everything. My GN2 does not creep or have any quality issues. It is the best built phone I have owned.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No, but some people just like to complain about everything. My GN2 does not creep or have any quality issues. It is the best built phone I have owned.

I think the creaking begins when you start removing the cover too often. The phone is well built but some early reviews have even stated the phone is typical Samsung cheap plastic. I will say though that other than the Razr HD this phone is one of the best built.

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Plastic bends/warps etc,,,
This has nothing to do with "build quality" as it is purely due to the material.
As mentioned by Eclipse2k, it will become more and more evident when you are frequently removing the cover.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Plastic bends/warps etc,,,
This has nothing to do with "build quality" as it is purely due to the material.
As mentioned by Eclipse2k, it will become more and more evident when you are frequently removing the cover.

It's definitely annoying but what can you really do? I miss the build of my RAZR HD but that's about it. I wish I could buy an official Samsung Flip Cover with metal or aluminum backing. This would stop the creaking all together but as we all know Samsung makes no such thing.

pbdc13

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my mine from day one. And I was not taking the back off. I took it back to the store and they swapped the back out for a new one. Fit great with no movement. Rep said the plastic wasn't molded correctly and has seen it many times before.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my mine from day one. And I was not taking the back off. I took it back to the store and they swapped the back out for a new one. Fit great with no movement. Rep said the plastic wasn't molded correctly and has seen it many times before.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

My Flip Case has a lot of movement in it. Do you think a replacement at Best Buy would solve this issue? I never took my cover off and this was happening. Seems strange if you ask me. The top right has the ability to push in which is concerning.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Just but a case op or anyone for that matter; like one guy said,a $600+ phone shouldn't make sounds; well I say a $600 phone shouldn't go unprotected. :thumbup:;)

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the creaking begins when you start removing the cover too often. The phone is well built but some early reviews have even stated the phone is typical Samsung cheap plastic. I will say though that other than the Razr HD this phone is one of the best built.

Well I can easily get 15-16 hours out the phone daily, and I've had no need to pull the battery cover other then to install the battery when I first got the phone.

If it's not the battery cover people will find something else trival to complain about.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I can easily get 15-16 hours out the phone daily, and I've had no need to pull the battery cover other then to install the battery when I first got the phone.

If it's not the battery cover people will find something else trival to complain about.

Same here bud, I don't find a reason to take it off either. :thumbup:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just but a case op or anyone for that matter; like one guy said,a $600+ phone shouldn't make sounds; well I say a $600 phone shouldn't go unprotected. :thumbup:;)

Yes, but screen protectors all suck including the top tier ones and scratches suck. Samsung needs to do a Protective plus flip combo and that would be perfect. Maybe one day... But no an expensive device should be creak free and most certainly not flimsy plastic.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but screen protectors all suck including the top tier ones and scratches suck. Samsung needs to do a Protective plus flip combo and that would be perfect. Maybe one day... But no an expensive device should be creak free and most certainly not flimsy plastic.

I object to that, my spigen sgp ultra crystal doesn't look bad or scratch easy. I have it on with my ob defender and both compliment each other very nicely. :thumbup::D

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I object to that, my spigen sgp ultra crystal doesn't look bad or scratch easy. I have it on with my ob defender and both compliment each other very nicely. :thumbup::D

Still takes away from the overall scrren in my opinion. I admit that the protector isn't bad but i feel naked is superior in most ways. Im saying screen need protection and the Flip is a great fix. Plus, sometimes screen protector installations go badly and i feel i wasted money. This includes the SGP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez