gmail update

Megan Arlitz

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Um so I got the new update now how the hell do I set it up so I can delete.. I tried looking but couldn't find anything at all as how to do this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-20-09-35-29.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-20-09-35-29.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 66

Megan Arlitz

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried that setting it doesn't work like that..

nevermind.. I got it to work.. yay.. that was going to drive me absolutely bonkers..

Now I wish we could delete trash right from the trash can instead of having to log into a web browser on our phones or on a computer to do it..

Last edited:

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I got that info from another user that said it worked. I haven't seen the update yet. Probably because I haven't rebooted in a while.

Do you have only 1 email in the notification drop-down?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow! Megan, I really like that font. Very classy.

I hope an answer is found because I also want the option to delete as opposed to archive.

Megan Arlitz

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Megan, I really like that font. Very classy.

I hope an answer is found because I also want the option to delete as opposed to archive.

Thanks.. I love it too..

Anyways....

Heres how to do it..

well a link anyways..

How to Change Gmail Notification from Archive to Delete | johnsandroid.com

and heres the steps..

Go into general settings
Swiping conversation list
Check ALWAYS DELETE

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. I got that info from another user that said it worked. I haven't seen the update yet. Probably because I haven't rebooted in a while.

Do you have only 1 email in the notification drop-down?

I got it to work.. grr.. i am an idiot.. lol

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.. I love it too..

and heres the steps..

Go into general settings
Swiping conversation list
Check ALWAYS DELETE
Wonder why you have to do any of that. I just want to mark it as read and leave it in my inbox. Grrrr.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Megan Arlitz

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Wonder why you have to do any of that. I just want to mark it as read and leave it in my inbox. Grrrr.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Lol.. you know.. that would be a better option. . Mark as read instead of opening gmail. I still want to be able to delete my mail from my trash can..

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Lol.. you know.. that would be a better option. . Mark as read instead of opening gmail. I still want to be able to delete my mail from my trash can..
Apparently we are both asking for too much. :banghead:

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I think the feature is wicked neat but it decided to stop working for me after half a day. I even deleted and reinstalled gmail to no avail. I checked my version and its up to date. Boo.