Horrible text message client

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
For the life of me I can't understand why Samsung can't get their text message client right.. I've updated to 4.3 and thought at least the horrible lag, glitches, and sometimes downright freezing of the phone when using the messaging app would stop.. What's the problem Geez!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I've never used stock sms application. Try Handcent, I've been using it for years now. And yes, it's had a few issues just like all the rest, but the support team responded swiftly to fix issue. I'm currently using it on my galaxy note 2.

USMC97/ GN2

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I use textra. Its simple and clean with dark mode and normal mode. You can set it to pop up when receiving a message and things like that.

Posted via Android Central App

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I currently use Go SMS and it is great, however, it still doesn't excuse the fact that Samsung has had SMS problems since the GS2 and still hasn't addressed them. Many people don't know that you can download apps that are better and so it gives Android a bad experience. I can't fathom why they haven't fixed such a simple issue.
I use textra. Its simple and clean with dark mode and normal mode. You can set it to pop up when receiving a message and things like that.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's true. Recently there was an update for Google hangouts so you can use that as a text message client. However it doesn't group hangout conversations and text conversations together as one which makes it poor. If they grouped them like imessage does it could be the go to messaging app.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I use 8sms along with the phone messaging app, didn't think I'd like it but I really do and it uses the text tones assigned to the contacts! Try it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non