Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the 4.3 update. I really love this version for it nicer colors, better battery, better wifi, better signal, and little faster.

But only one little anoyance, it takes about 1-2 seconds to turn it on from deep sleep.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It has happened to me as well since I have updated. And I have the pin lock on when I am out of the house and no lock screen when I am home. No matter what there is a delay when waking my screen.
It feels like time has stopped while I wait for my screen to turn on sometimes.
Meanwhile my wife with her S4 is pretty much instant....

On a side note....Dave... We should switch phones! I want 4.1.2 back!!!

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It has happened to me as well since I have updated. And I have the pin lock on when I am out of the house and no lock screen when I am home. No matter what there is a delay when waking my screen.
It feels like time has stopped while I wait for my screen to turn on sometimes.
Meanwhile my wife with her S4 is pretty much instant....

On a side note....Dave... We should switch phones! I want 4.1.2 back!!!

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

I'm trying to figure out what all I'd have to do to avoid this POS update, besides rooting, which I've never done on any phone...

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This drives me crazy as well. I had the issue before the update. I was hoping the update would have fixed it. I even did a factory reset, and it still does it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Someone recommend Wake Lock app from the PlayStore, and adjust the setting to Partial_Wake_Lock.
It keeps the device from going into a Deep Sleep. So far after installing the app, I haven't experienced the lock screen lag.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=eu.thedarken.wl&token=CdYOS7Po

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

While this may help fix the lag one should not being experiencing the lag in the first place. Hopefully a future update fixes it for those who did download the last update.

Posted via Android Central App