MMS issues

husslord

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unsure if this has been posted but I'm having difficulty even with a strong wifi connection downloading pictures. It just spins and spins. I'm using the stock app. Anyway to fix this. Thanks! Yes mobile data is on :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you turn off wi-fi temporarily, does MMS come through fine? Which carrier do you have?

EDIT: Sorry, I posted this at the same time as your 2nd post.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
Which carrier ?
You have Wi-Fi calling enabled?
Also try reset the message app clear its data/cache then force stop it

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Are you on AT&T by chance??

I had same issue where sometimes texts wouldn't load... showing separate from the group chat... click on the download and it spins forever until it finally decides to come through. And in my case I think it was AT&T WIFI CALLLING enabled that caused the issue.

Because when enabled, it will push calls and texts through WIFI but I turn off wifi and it goes through... turn off AT&T WIFI CALLING and it hasn't happened since.

I turned it on for the heck of it but after I thought about it... I never have an issue with calling or signal issue for calling or text with AT&T so don't need it.

Unsure if this has been posted but I'm having difficulty even with a strong wifi connection downloading pictures. It just spins and spins. I'm using the stock app. Anyway to fix this. Thanks! Yes mobile data is on :)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes known issue on att

Interesting... never knew. I think over the years I'd enable/disable it when playing with setups and on the N20U must have decided to do it and when I had the issue I just thought maybe that could cause it and guess I got lucky. Never noticed any call performance with wifi calling on anyways.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you on AT&T by chance??

I had same issue where sometimes texts wouldn't load... showing separate from the group chat... click on the download and it spins forever until it finally decides to come through. And in my case I think it was AT&T WIFI CALLLING enabled that caused the issue.

Because when enabled, it will push calls and texts through WIFI but I turn off wifi and it goes through... turn off AT&T WIFI CALLING and it hasn't happened since.

I turned it on for the heck of it but after I thought about it... I never have an issue with calling or signal issue for calling or text with AT&T so don't need it.
Yes...he mentioned AT&T in another post

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Interesting... never knew. I think over the years I'd enable/disable it when playing with setups and on the N20U must have decided to do it and when I had the issue I just thought maybe that could cause it and guess I got lucky. Never noticed any call performance with wifi calling on anyways.
I've been on the unlocked models for awhile so no WiFi calling there lol but yeah been through troubleshooting quite few threads on that issue.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Definitely wifi calling if like you said your on AT&T like me, also Advanced Message causes issues as well with the wifi calling, so ever since I disabled wifi calling and Advanced Message all MMS works 100%, this has been issued on the AT&T help site and AT&T always responds that it's not on there end , but definitely it's on there end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87