Is it worth it to dump my Note 20 Ultra for the S21 Ultra?

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Other than the specs, the big difference is the spen. The S21 ultra has no place to store it.
If you're happy with the Note stick with it and wait for the S22. But if you have the urge for the latest and greatest switch. There are promos where trading in the note the S21 is practically free.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Other than the specs, the big difference is the spen. The S21 ultra has no place to store it.
If you're happy with the Note stick with it and wait for the S22. But if you have the urge for the latest and greatest switch. There are promos where trading in the note the S21 is practically free.
Free is you choose the regular Note. $400-$500 or more if you choose an Ultra. Can't see paying that amount for a phone that lists $300 less than the GN20U when it was released.

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, 400 upgrade for the display and processor while losing the built in spen and sd card. I like the note size and squareness and back better too personally. If anything the fingerprint reader upgrade in the screen is something id really want but can live without.

mrlugo88

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Worth is so subjective. Do you value the SD card? You got a 512 version of the Note so maybe not so much. Do you love the SPen? Could you theoretically go without it because you can't stand the case needed to carry it? Do you prefer the rounded edges over the square, boxy look? I mean at the end of the day it's your money to spend. If you find it worth it then go for it.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
That flat black S21 Ultra is calling me

Just can't decide if I should dump my 512GB Note 20 Ultra for it.
Absolutely not.. IMHO. Not if you are a true Note lover. OK, the camera will be better but no MicroSD expandable storage, no extra wide case because the S-Pen lives on the phone..

fanisk

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
Absolutely not.. IMHO. Not if you are a true Note lover. OK, the camera will be better but no MicroSD expandable storage, no extra wide case because the S-Pen lives on the phone..

Never used an SD card but the case to store the S pen in the S 21 is horrible....
Only for this I would have stick with the Note!
What is the reason to built a bezel less phone and then obliged to use that case?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's definitely a difficult question to answer. Sometimes you won't see much of a difference when you are upgrading to the next iteration. If you go for next year's device, however, you may be more of an "upgrade", if that makes sense.

But it's definitely a rough call! The 21 series looks really good.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't speak for whatever anyone else should or shouldn't do, well except for my husband :), but you would have to pry my Note20U out of my hands with a crowbar. I don't see the s21 series much of a step forward, but some people do. I am happy with my Note20U, it has exceeded my expectations. Good luck in your decision @felloffthetruck. Have you sold all your extra cases?

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
To each his own here. My thoughts after having the N20U is a huge no to get the S21. To me it's a downgrade to the Note. I enjoy having the pen inside the phone, SD card and overall, just a better setup.

Keep the N20U...😊😉

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The question is... what does the S21U have over the N20U that makes you want to upgrade and you feel worth upgrading to? Are you really going to notice the difference that it’s worth it?

if you find a feature you gotta have and feel worth the cost then go for it.

I like hearing the improvements made on the S21U and that it sounds like a solid update over the S20U which was marred with a buggy camera. But for me I don’t think there is any one feature that it so much better that makes me want the S21U so much to wanna move to it from a barely 6 month old phone. I honestly don’t think I’d notice most of the spec bumps in day to day usage over my Note once. I set it up identically.

Since getting the Note I’ve travelled for work to Texas, Philly, Delaware and just came back from Boston using the maps wherever I go along with camera and texting all day with coworkers and leisure and enduring snow and cold down to 1 degree and always make it through day with battery left and been fun to use. I always like to hear of camera improvements and that currently probably gets my attention the most comparing phones but don’t think it will be a huge diff here. I do hope that Samsung does share any improvements it learned with updates.

Even if they offered the same promo I got for the N20U and only Had to pay $300 for the move I probably wouldn’t for the silliest reason... I’m still loving the squared off shape and thin profile of my N20U and when not wearing the Latercase I am not ready to give up the Mystic White with Silver trim on it as well as the white spen with silver button. My favorite looking phone to date.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I finally researched this S21U more. It supports the Spen, but not included, you can buy that for $40 and probably have to wait month or more for it as it will probably be on backorder. Then you need to buy a case if you want to carry it on the phone with you, $70 for both case and SPen.

I see all the reviews thanking samsung for lowering the price, the price should be lower. No SD card slot and you have to buy the Spen separate.

This is the first samsung flagship phone that I have zero interest in. There is no way I would leave a note 20 ultra or even a note 10+ for this S21U. I'm looking forward to the fold 3 havimg SPen support, but if it's set up like the S21U, I have no interest. Far as I'm concerned, samsung is opening the door to explore elsewhere for phones. I manage 10 lines and all are samsung phones because that's where we pay attention to, but samsung is focused on following apple now days, so might as well look at all phones.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I did, I don't use spen that often and never use sdcard slot. Ended up paying about $200 bucks with tax for upgrade. Besides the obvious upgrades, one thing I do notice is that S21U is a lot easier to hold in hand and screen is not curved as much which makes it possible to use without case and it actually looks better like that. Fingerprint sensor seems to be finally working properly too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non