no new note this year?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I normally upgrade every year due to JOD with T-Mobile but even if there is a new Note this year I may pass. The down payment on the Note 20 Ultra 5G was insane and I'm still surprised I went ahead with the upgrade although I will own it in 7 months. When ever I do upgrade I may just keep the Note 20 Ultra as a back up, if there is no SD card slot in the new Note then I will have to think about it.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm debating on trading in my Note 10+ and going for the Note 20 Ultra. I can get $799 on the trade in from Verizon. I'm concerned if I wait till next year for a new Note the trade in for the Note 10+ won't be as high.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm debating on trading in my Note 10+ and going for the Note 20 Ultra. I can get $799 on the trade in from Verizon. I'm concerned if I wait till next year for a new Note the trade in for the Note 10+ won't be as high.
I think your right, I would jump on it

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

I agree with Mustang; jump on it. The Note 20 Ultra will cost you about $400 out of pocket? And Samsung will certainly give you more than that to trade in for a Note 21 or 22 or whatever comes next year... If you even want to trade it next year. Seems like a win-win to me.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I would jump on it today if Verizon didn't spread out the trade-in credit over 24 months. Best Buy will give full credit at the time of purchase but they have no offers going on right now.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I forgot about that because I now buy unlocked from Samsung directly. That's another way for Verizon to lock you in...

I've been with them over 20 years now with no plans to leave, but I love knowing that I CAN leave any time without a big payoff required.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I forgot about that because I now buy unlocked from Samsung directly. That's another way for Verizon to lock you in...

I've been with them over 20 years now with no plans to leave, but I love knowing that I CAN leave any time without a big payoff required.
That true

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Finally pulled the trigger and got the Note 20 Ultra. $500 trade-in from Samsung for the Note10+ and paid in full! If a new Note comes out next year, well... we will see what happens then.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There will be Note next year , I believe this :)

Mustang brother! How are you? I just ordered the Note 20 Ultra through Verizon and got a huge discount trading in one of my Note 9 phones. I had two because I had bought one for my Mom two and a half years ago but she can't handle a cell phone now so I got it back. Ordered the white, the bronze was out of stock. Should have it by Aug. 3. Pretty excited!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang brother! How are you? I just ordered the Note 20 Ultra through Verizon and got a huge discount trading in one of my Note 9 phones. I had two because I had bought one for my Mom two and a half years ago but she can't handle a cell phone now so I got it back. Ordered the white, the bronze was out of stock. Should have it by Aug. 3. Pretty excited!

Hello 👋
I'm good , how you been ?
I'm sure your excited :) Note 20u is a really good phone, White version is very nice 👍

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I would jump on it today if Verizon didn't spread out the trade-in credit over 24 months. Best Buy will give full credit at the time of purchase but they have no offers going on right now.

If you really don't have any plans to change carriers and you're gonna hold on to the phone at least 2 years then I'd think it's worth it...

I gladly jumped at the $1000 off AT&T was offering at pre-order. In the end a N20U only cost me $300 and no plans to go anywhere for 30 months. I kept my Note 8 for 3 years so I can easily do that with the N20U. Love the phone and with no N21U coming out to tempt me I'll be ready for the Note in 2022.

I guess you can see it as a pain to drop the whole amount down in the beginning.... but as long as I get that $1000 back, I see it as nice to see my normal monthly bill $33 lower from the credit each month. Probably won't see a better discount than that at this point.

BMWBig6

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
The one thing I dislike about the device credits is typically state sales tax is owed on the whole amount (full retail price of phone, not the discounted price).

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, my Note 10+ is officially dead after two years of very well served work.

So… I thought about buying a Note 20u. For me, the absence of microSD is a big setback. Then I was convinced this year we won’t have any new Note, and got upset by this. So, if I have to do a downgrade (any phone without microSD would be a downgrade to me) I pulled the trigger and bought an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Why? Because I wanted to see how things is going in the iOS world. Because I loved the new don’t track me feature. And, finally, because if any new phone (I’m thinking in the new foldables) attract my attention is much easier to sell an iPhone here, in Brazil, with no loss or, even, some little profit, than any Android.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I may be reading your post wrong but you were thinking of buying the Note 20U... but the absence of the microSD is a big setback?

But the Note 20U does have a microSD card. So you didn't have to downgrade.

Regardless the iPhone 12 is a great phone too. I rock an iPhone XR as my outdoor phone and think it's a great phone and learning and enjoying how it does integrate with my iPad Pro and M1 MacBook Air.

Well, my Note 10+ is officially dead after two years of very well served work.

So… I thought about buying a Note 20u. For me, the absence of microSD is a big setback. Then I was convinced this year we won’t have any new Note, and got upset by this. So, if I have to do a downgrade (any phone without microSD would be a downgrade to me) I pulled the trigger and bought an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Why? Because I wanted to see how things is going in the iOS world. Because I loved the new don’t track me feature. And, finally, because if any new phone (I’m thinking in the new foldables) attract my attention is much easier to sell an iPhone here, in Brazil, with no loss or, even, some little profit, than any Android.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
If you really don't have any plans to change carriers and you're gonna hold on to the phone at least 2 years then I'd think it's worth it...

I gladly jumped at the $1000 off AT&T was offering at pre-order. In the end a N20U only cost me $300 and no plans to go anywhere for 30 months. I kept my Note 8 for 3 years so I can easily do that with the N20U. Love the phone and with no N21U coming out to tempt me I'll be ready for the Note in 2022.

I guess you can see it as a pain to drop the whole amount down in the beginning.... but as long as I get that $1000 back, I see it as nice to see my normal monthly bill $33 lower from the credit each month. Probably won't see a better discount than that at this point.

I ended up getting the N20U about a month ago from Samsung. Got a $450 trade in for the N10+. Ended up just paying off the balance. I'd be looking to upgrade when the next Note comes out, if it ever does. Figure the trade in for the N20U would be much better than the N10+ at that point. But who knows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress