Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada - One email does not work on Data

wylcanada

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with my new Note 3 on Telus. I access 3 of my emails on my phone, gmail, hotmail and a hosted email for my company. both the hotmail and gmail work fine on both WiFi and data. The hosted email works fine as long as I am on WiFi. I can use any WiFi hotspot and I have full access to my emails from that server. As soon as I go to Data it no longer works. I get a message saying that the "sign-in failed Server password has been changed. Input the changed password" The password has not been changed. As soon as I am back on WiFi things are fine. I have talked to Telus and my email host but they don't know what is going on. Does anyone have an idea?

Mike Ciebien

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
When mail works on wifi but not through data, it is usually the outgoing/incoming mail server. When your on wifi, your servers are usually set up via your Internet provider so when u switch to mobile, your phone doesn't have permission to access the server. To test, change your mail servers incoming/outgoing with the settings provided by ur cell phone company. Turn off wifi and test. Most mail programs will allow you to set backup mail servers, so use one for ur cell phone Internet and one for your wifi provider

Mike Ciebien

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I use Shaw and Bell mobility, so under my mail settings I use 2 different mail servers for outgoing. Incoming sometimes works with just one mail server