Note 3 Camera

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that Samsung nevet said anything about the camera? Does anyone know if yhere is a review of the camera out there? I mean compared to the S4 and GNote2. Usually they talk about how good the camera is just like they did when they announced the S4. This time around they were quiet.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there was enough time to cover everything included on this phone. I read that it has the always listening option as well, which was never mentioned before I read it on the Verizon site. Supposedly you say "Hi Galaxy" to wake it for touch less commands like the Moto X.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there was enough time to cover everything included on this phone. I read that it has the always listening option as well, which was never mentioned before I read it on the Verizon site. Supposedly you say "Hi Galaxy" to wake it for touch less commands like the Moto X.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Post the link where you read that?

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, if they didn't boast about anything then you won't be disappointed about the added features and improvements that will only disappoint you if the camera quality hasn't improved.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, if they didn't boast about anything then you won't be disappointed about the added features and improvements that will only disappoint you if the camera quality hasn't improved.

Why? What is wrong with pics on the S4?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just found this review of the camera.

Camera

Checking out the camera in the rear of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, it doesn?t pack along one that would seem imposing over other recent offerings. Just earlier today, we heard about the Sony Xperia Z1 and its jacked up 20.7-megapixel camera, but with the Note 3, it?s outfitted with a reserved 13-megapixel auto-focus camera, which features a backside illuminated sensor, smart stabilization, high CRI LED flash, and 1080p video recording at 60fps. Heck, there?s also a 120fps mode that delivers slow-motion videos as well. Looking more at the specs sheet of its camera, it?s not trying to outclass the Galaxy S4, but despite that, we?re certain it?ll produce shots that are equally as detailed and sharp ? while also carrying along all those various shooting modes as well to give it a well-rounded offering.

View attachment 79876View attachment 79877View attachment 79878View attachment 79879

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 hands-on

Camera app interface. - image from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 hands-on

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
If the camera is good, I may have to look into getting one of these and selling my HTC One. I got a taste of a large screen (something I couldn't seem to get with an iPhone, thank you for nothing Jobs) and I already want more area to work with. lol. But to me, the camera is an important piece of the puzzle. I do not care about megapixels, I want it to take good, clear pictures and to do it fast (the One takes something like 8 pics a second in burst mode, it's very nice.)

My second concern is the speaker placement... if it is on the back again, that is stupid. When you're watching a video or playing a game the sound should be pushed toward you, not away from you.