How are you guys charging the note 3 for the first time?

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
So far for any new recent gadget I've been charging it to full out of the box, then running it down until it shuts off and then full charge again. Maybe repeat for another cycle or two before using it regularly.

How are you guys going to "optimize" the battery if you believe in that?

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I run it down to about 7 percent, then complete charge to full over night, and then go about use

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

darkkterror

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Eh, I don't believe in doing anything special to "optimize" the battery. I've never really seen anything to suggest that it actually does anything. Even if it did, I don't believe I'd ever really notice the difference. How, in my real life, am I going to equate what I did to the battery from the very beginning to potential capacity issues that may or may not take place years later? Besides, it's not like I keep my mobile devices long enough to even notice diminished battery performance. I've never had to replace a battery in any of my cell phones before.

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
There's no plus side or downside to "training" your battery. We are past that with our current battery technology.

Posted via Android Central App

Hyunato

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I am reading this as I'm draining my Note 3 by playing 10 hour YouTube videos lol.

I always drain and fill it completely about 5-6 times with any device I have. Thanks for the info all.

tahnir

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Thats what I always do as well. Granted it might not be necessary but no harm can come from that and after waiting such a long time for the device I think it deserves some kind of special service :D

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Since it'll be shipping to my doorstep, I'll be doing a full outlet charge from the box. I don't like running my batteries down, though. Personal preference I guess.

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I am reading this as I'm draining my Note 3 by playing 10 hour YouTube videos lol.

I always drain and fill it completely about 5-6 times with any device I have. Thanks for the info all.

You're putting stress on your battery for no reason at all.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't do anything to do this. Just FYI.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I plan on turning it out right away and the using it obsessively for several weeks. I plan to primarily focus on the screen and let the battery take care of itself.

I will be buying a spare battery to use when this one is tired.

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Thats what I always do as well. Granted it might not be necessary but no harm can come from that and after waiting such a long time for the device I think it deserves some kind of special service :D

Yea, no other harm than the polarities in some cell can reverse and your battery is as good as dead then. The device probably wont allow you to use it fully though, but just leave it alone for longer time after the shutdown to ensure damage.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'll take it out of the box and use it. Then when I want to charge it I suppose I could plug it in and repeat this process as I continue with my life. I know this sounds complicated but I'm confident ill get it down.