Alternate launcher

mark425

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used a different launcher such as Nova? I'm wondering how much functionality is lost if any. I like touchwiz but I prefer Nova.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used a different launcher such as Nova? I'm wondering how much functionality is lost if any. I like touchwiz but I prefer Nova.

I like Nova a lot better than TouchWiz. In fact, I haven't used TW in well over a year. I find Nova to be faster and offers more options. The only downside that I got over real quick is some things are ties to the TW launcher like the Accuweather widget. But I found one that I wound up liking better anyway.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I've used Nova. I mostly used it for some customization of screens when i was playing with theming my phone. I don't find any of them particularly special.

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I used Apex on my GNEX and Nova on my Note 2. I'll be honest, it really is a case of what ever floats your boat. They all have great features. And now, I'm trying TW out, basically for a change. I'm not upset with any of them.

fridgey100

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's has to be Nova for me. Is the closest thing I can get to the stock Android experience I was used to on my Nexus 4.

Sent from my Galaxy note 3

ryanjma

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Just lose some widgets.

Awesome. I use Nova on my S4 and can't really go back to TouchWiz

Also just curious but what do you guys think will be the best keyboard to use? The default samsung keyboard will be the only one with SPen support is that correct?

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Also just curious but what do you guys think will be the best keyboard to use? The default samsung keyboard will be the only one with SPen support is that correct?

Try Stylus beta, that's the one I use with my s-pen

sent from my fabulous note 2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Everyone's different and have their preferences but i think Swiftkey and Google keyboard are among the best. I chose Google Keyboard

ryanjma

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Everyone's different and have their preferences but i think Swiftkey and Google keyboard are among the best. I chose Google Keyboard

I use SwiftKey on my S4, but usually try out a few different keyboards. I installed Google Keyboard again because it was your favorite actually just to test it out again.