Galaxy Gear In Stock at Best Buy 10/4

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
There should be a drop down box for how often to check for mail or something and that is where PUSH is found. You are close.

Ian B

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you I found it now waiting to see if it works.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

glad you found it. Send yourself a test email from that account to yourself and another from yourself to the email address to make sure you are capturing all.

Ian B

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
How so you sync email to work on galaxy gear

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

1. Simply select the apps in the Galaxy Gear Manager app on your phone that you want the GG to receive information from. For instance, once you've set up your phone to receive emails then all you have to do is tell the GG which email client to access so you can see them on the watch's display. Please note: Only the native Samsung email app (the email app with the white envelope and @ symbol in the middle).

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Simply select the apps in the Galaxy Gear Manager app on your phone that you want the GG to receive information from. For instance, once you've set up your phone to receive emails then all you have to do is tell the GG which email client to access so you can see them on the watch's display. Please note: Only the native Samsung email app (the email app with the white envelope and @ symbol in the middle).

Like DAS says and I posted in post #137. Hotmail.com and gmail.com accounts working flawless and GG receiving notifications for both.

Ian B

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I was just at a BestBuy store, and verbally told the BB rep, that Tmobile is selling and discounting the GG for $209+tax, and can you price match? The rep said he could. I told him I will take a black one right now. He went to check and came back and said he only had the orange and another color. I asked when will he have the black? He stated most likely tomorrow. I asked for his card.

Now, I just verbally told him that Tmobile is discounted them down to $209. I have copied about 4 screenshots, will print them out, and hoping he has a black one tomorrow. This rep sounds just the opposite of what I have read about some BB reps. Hopefuly, the black will come in tomorrow, and the rep just takes my word, or the screenshots I have and give it to me at that price.. Will see..

Dam, I wish I was on to ORANGE, I would have snagged one right then.. :D

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I was just at a BestBuy store, and verbally told the BB rep, that Tmobile is selling and discounting the GG for $209+tax, and can you price match? The rep said he could. I told him I will take a black one right now. He went to check and came back and said he only had the orange and another color. I asked when will he have the black? He stated most likely tomorrow. I asked for his card.

Now, I just verbally told him that Tmobile is discounted them down to $209. I have copied about 4 screenshots, will print them out, and hoping he has a black one tomorrow. This rep sounds just the opposite of what I have read about some BB reps. Hopefuly, the black will come in tomorrow, and the rep just takes my word, or the screenshots I have and give it to me at that price.. Will see..

The Mocha Grey also looks nice if you want one that's not so flashy.

Posted via Android Central App

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

The Mocha Grey also looks nice if you want one that's not so flashy.

I believe you, but I am partial toward black.:cool: My note will be black too.

I have a mocha but waiting for my local BB to get orange or yellow in for an exchange.

Ian B

Spiderdog11

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How did you do this?

This is a great idea. I went into the settings and turned off only the option to sync Gmail from my primary Google account, but left everything else on (Calendar, Keep, Chrome, data backup etc.).

I then set up the Gmail account to push using Samsung's native email app. Now my Gmail email is pushed to the Gear.

Thanks!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
To Ian B, and the rest of the posters that posted screen shots of BestBuy honoring Tmobile's 30% off, even though it has ended, just want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU.

I copied several screen shots, and the one the store took a glance at was the one from Ian B, and never a doubt. Even got the black Galaxy Gear that I wanted.. BestBuy let me have it today for the $209+taxes on the strength of me saying that Tmobile is discounting the Gear at 30% and a flash of the screen shot.. I think it comes down to a manager's call. I have seen posters who said they went to Bestbuy and the manager didn't budge. Whereas, I took a shot and if they had told me they coudln't do it, that was it. I had just placed my order for the black Note 3, that will be here in 3 days. I went to the closest BB store, and asked would they price match? They said sure..Okay, I want black. They didn't have black, but he checked other stores and told me that a store about 5 miles away has 3 black Gears. Didn't want to travel that 5 miles for nothing I called first. Spoke to a saleslady, and sure enough they had 3 black Gears in stock. Then I asked the 64 dollar question. I told them that Tmobile is discounting the Gear 30% would you match? She asked her supervisor, and he said yes. From experience, I got names. Name of the manager and what time he would be getting off. Long story short :D, when I got to the store, I asked for the manager by name, he came around the counter and he said you are the one for the black and price match? Ha I said yes, and flashed the screen shot that Ian B had posted off the Tmobile site.

The manager took a fast glance, and proceeded to go back to the storeroom to the black Gear. No looking up on the web, or calling anybody.. Just took what I told them, and the screen shot and gave it to me for the discounted Tmobile price.. I was on the phone for an hour with Tmobile after I completed my Note 3 order to try to bend Tmobile's arm to let me have the Gear at their discounted 30%, and no go, they wouldn't budge. But, here is BB, ready to give up quickly.. Just want to enlighten others, because the thread/board/forum helped me, hoping I can help a few to pick up the gear for a sweet $209, and get the color you want.. Here are some pics, a copy of my receipt, so somebody can tell another BestBuy manager or store, look, this was done on the 9th or today.. :D

jag18.jpg

jag13.jpg

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it at that price, I got mine at that price too but I had to order mine but I got the green one coming tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
To Ian B, and the rest of the posters that posted screen shots of BestBuy honoring Tmobile's 30% off, even though it has ended, just want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU.

I copied several screen shots, and the one the store took a glance at was the one from Ian B, and never a doubt. Even got the black Galaxy Gear that I wanted.. BestBuy let me have it today for the $209+taxes on the strength of me saying that Tmobile is discounting the Gear at 30% and a flash of the screen shot.. I think it comes down to a manager's call. I have seen posters who said they went to Bestbuy and the manager didn't budge. Whereas, I took a shot and if they had told me they coudln't do it, that was it. I had just placed my order for the black Note 3, that will be here in 3 days. I went to the closest BB store, and asked would they price match? They said sure..Okay, I want black. They didn't have black, but he checked other stores and told me that a store about 5 miles away has 3 black Gears. Didn't want to travel that 5 miles for nothing I called first. Spoke to a saleslady, and sure enough they had 3 black Gears in stock. Then I asked the 64 dollar question. I told them that Tmobile is discounting the Gear 30% would you match? She asked her supervisor, and he said yes. From experience, I got names. Name of the manager and what time he would be getting off. Long story short :D, when I got to the store, I asked for the manager by name, he came around the counter and he said you are the one for the black and price match? Ha I said yes, and flashed the screen shot that Ian B had posted off the Tmobile site.

The manager took a fast glance, and proceeded to go back to the storeroom to the black Gear. No looking up on the web, or calling anybody.. Just took what I told them, and the screen shot and gave it to me for the discounted Tmobile price.. I was on the phone for an hour with Tmobile after I completed my Note 3 order to try to bend Tmobile's arm to let me have the Gear at their discounted 30%, and no go, they wouldn't budge. But, here is BB, ready to give up quickly.. Just want to enlighten others, because the thread/board/forum helped me, hoping I can help a few to pick up the gear for a sweet $209, and get the color you want.. Here are some pics, a copy of my receipt, so somebody can tell another BestBuy manager or store, look, this was done on the 9th or today.. :D

http://www.cehoward.net/jag18.jpg

http://www.cehoward.net/jag13.jpg

Congrats! Glad you were able to get it price matched, that's a great deal especially from BB since you earn points. I too would give another shot at another BB store with the screenshots, but ALL the BB stores within the radius of the huge City of Chicago are out of stock.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, BB online store still has it In Stock available to ship out within 24 hours. The only downside, you won't be able to get the $209.99 price if ordered online.

Not where I live, the black is sold out. The only one they have is Grey mocha.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4