Galaxy gear help

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I get email notifications via the galaxy gear but not getting text. I downloaded go sms but not sure what doing wrong. I have notifications checked on galaxy gear messaging set to on. Is there something on the phone need to do. Messages show up on the pop up windows on the phone but not the watch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It is my understanding that the only messaging app that works with the Gear right now is the stock Samsung app.

Other apps like Go SMS may be supported later, but I don't believe they are compatible at this time.

I'm standing in Best Buy right now waiting to pick my Note 3 and Galaxy Gear up :)

Posted via Android Central App

zambalis

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It is my understanding that the only messaging app that works with the Gear right now is the stock Samsung app.

Other apps like Go SMS may be supported later, but I don't believe they are compatible at this time.

I'm standing in Best Buy right now waiting to pick my Note 3 and Galaxy Gear up :)

Posted via Android Central App

this is true I have experimented with this. Samsung site shows stock note software compatibility today. Tomorrow who knows

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I got it working with stock samsung app, but notice there is a delay going to the watch. For instance if carring phone in your pocket you would feel or notice an alert prior to it dinging on the watch. Kinda late at that point. Any ideas?

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I got it working with stock samsung app, but notice there is a delay going to the watch. For instance if carring phone in your pocket you would feel or notice an alert prior to it dinging on the watch. Kinda late at that point. Any ideas?

My gear goes off about 1 second behind the phone pretty consistently. I haven't noticed it have a long delay unless they were out of range when the notification originally came in. If they were then it takes the gear about 10-15 seconds after it reconnects with the phone to alert me to any missed notifications.