Note 3 Garbled

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered my GN3 from Verizon and I have NOT experienced audio issues. (Knock on wood).

Posted via Android Central App

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Well folks replacement 3 on Verizon and guess what? Still having the same problem. The manager at the corporate store is going to call me when he gets the next shipment in to replace it again. Hopefully the new shipment will not have this issue. At least, that's our hope.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just returned my Note 3 essentially for this reason. It was horrible. The guy at the ATT corporate store made comment about the Bluetooth chip having issues. Andy only was to return it. Sucks, but with laws getting the way the are we need to use the hands free stuff.

waywardzeek

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Having same issues. To my knowledge it's clear on the other end. Crazy experiment though...As you are on a call there is a weird round icon towards the top left of the screen. Click on that and change from Auto to Clear and see if that helps. Pic below
1381980425177.jpg

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got done (hopefully) dealing with this on Verizon. I tried everything to fix it, or see if it changed(speaker, all the settings, headset, etc), and then Verizon had me do a hard reset, and still no dice. Just swapped out within the 14 day window at the store. Have a couple of more days, and hopefully this won't show its face on the new phone.

I sort of noticed issues the first day, but it wasn't like everyone was talking about, and then it go a lot worse. Couple of times a minute, every call. Verizon was great, and easy enough to swap them out.

Anyone else still dealing with this issue. Verizon tech support did not have it logged as an issue, but she said that is because it was not a network issue, but a phone issue. Calls already sound crisper on this new one.

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thinking of going to store and returning for a newer one I guess and hope that it resolves the issue.....we shall see

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well folks replacement 3 on Verizon and guess what? Still having the same problem. The manager at the corporate store is going to call me when he gets the next shipment in to replace it again. Hopefully the new shipment will not have this issue. At least, that's our hope.

When they replaced your Note 3 are they giving you refurbished or brand new phones. Are you keeping your battery and cover?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I caved the other day and picked up the Note 3 again. I have a theory on this. Basically there are two things at play here. First signal strength is a little weaker on the Note 3. Second we have new bluetooth tech with the note 3 that indices audio quality to cd quality levels.

So basically a little hiccup that wouldn't be that noticeable with the older tech is just much more pronounced with the newer bluetooth quality.

That is my theory atleast. Not completely happy if that is the case, but willing to deal with it for now.

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Went to Verizon today....they said they have had some issues with the note 3 so at least they didn't tip toe around it. The woman said a few people came in and she tried to trouble shoot it. We swapped out a few sim cards and no luck. I asked to swap phones but was worried because the battery life on old note 3 was amazing....no luck and phone calls still garbled. She annotated my notes in the system to show the brand new note 3 that I got today was still messed up.and if something comes up, no issues getting another possibly.. I was only allowed to swap phones 1 time so I'm stuck with this one I guess....I now hope my battery life works just as well as the last, if not I can go back and swap out batteries free of charge.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So far, the second phone is hanging in there. Hopefully it won't have the same issue, just need to make some more calls on it. I am not using bluetooth, and have that option turned off, so I wouldn't think that is the issue. And swapping SIMs shouldn't make a difference. It is clearly the phone's issue, since as far as I have heard, it is only on our end.

Verizon was nice enough to me, and swapped. Only issue when we got the new phone, was the SIM was bad, and so used the SIM out of the one I was returning. Otherwise it was a brand new phone, and we swapped everything, box and all. Glad I have not installed the nicer screen protector yet, and just the cheaper Verizon ones.

If this issue keeps showing up on your phones you get as replacements, what phone would you swap too?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If this issue keeps showing up on your phones you get as replacements, what phone would you swap too?

This is the problem everything is a downgrade from the Note series so were do you go. I returned a Note 3 last week and went back to a Note 1. Ended up doing a factory rest on it because I had garbled it up with stuff testing before adding software to my Note 3. In the end I ended up just getting a Note 3 and deciding to suck it up and deal with my issues on my handfree system. There are so many good things the Note 3 does that others just don't have. S-Pen ofcourse but i am also really happy to have Samsung KNOX personal. The improved battery life is great. Yes someof the functionality is in other phones, but nothing has the whole package like the Note 3.

The only option I would of settled on would of been a new Nexus. But in many ways that is still a big step down. Biggest advantage the Nexus has for me is I like GED devices and becuse of my days with my Captivate and my Nexus 10 I already have allot of apps to supplement the Nexus phone to bring it inline with Note 3 for the most part.

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon Note 3. I picked it up on launch day in South Florida. Voice calls are crystal clear, no issues. I have recently traveled to a remote area in North Idaho where I only get one bar of service, no 4G and only occasional 3G (same service level my previous Droid Razr used to see). Voice calls are still fine. Just wanted to provide this data point.

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday on a call, however,I don't experience it using my BT earpiece (Jabra something)

Sent from my iPad

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
When they replaced your Note 3 are they giving you refurbished or brand new phones. Are you keeping your battery and cover?

They are giving me brand new ones. I did a replacement with new shipment and no luck. Still awful. Im hoping Verizon will roll out with an update like Sprint did to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
They are giving me brand new ones. I did a replacement with new shipment and no luck. Still awful. Im hoping Verizon will roll out with an update like Sprint did to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think it is your equipment. I do not have any problems with my GNOTE3 at all and I am on Verizon. Have you tried a different Verizon store? Return it get your money back. Go to another store or Best Buy. See if you are having the same problem. I know of people that went through 3 to 4 Gnote3's until the problem was fixed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app