Setting up my Note 3, I've got a question.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I walked into to AT&T, and picked up my Note 3 yesterday. However I noticed when the gentleman unboxed it, and was setting it up. He bypassed the part where it asked to input my Google account, and didn't even ask me if I had one. I was able to go in, and put in my e-mail, and password but none of my apps, or settings installed like they normally would. I know when I went from my S3 to the Nexus 4, as soon as I set it up with my existing Google account, it started downloading all of my apps, nova launcher immediately installed, wifi, phone numbers etc...I got my phone numbers onto the phone at least. But is there any way to get my settings, and apps back like I would have without having to manually re download, and set everything up, or erase everything, and start from scratch again? I initially tried backing my S3 up to Kies on my Mac but it always got stuck backing up my messages, so I always hit cancel. Any suggestions?

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I never let freaks touch my phone .... the stores just want to get you gone in 5 minutes if they can ... it's like they don't even care ;) I always buy mine online & install it myself & never have a problem :p

Cheers & Good Luck, Jon

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The clown at Best Buy did this to me too. When I realized it an hour or so later I just did a factory reset and set it up myself. Much easier to stomach when it's new and you haven't really started getting it set the way you want it.

Posted via Android Central App

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I walked into to AT&T, and picked up my Note 3 yesterday. However I noticed when the gentleman unboxed it, and was setting it up. He bypassed the part where it asked to input my Google account, and didn't even ask me if I had one. I was able to go in, and put in my e-mail, and password but none of my apps, or settings installed like they normally would. I know when I went from my S3 to the Nexus 4, as soon as I set it up with my existing Google account, it started downloading all of my apps, nova launcher immediately installed, wifi, phone numbers etc...I got my phone numbers onto the phone at least. But is there any way to get my settings, and apps back like I would have without having to manually re download, and set everything up, or erase everything, and start from scratch again? I initially tried backing my S3 up to Kies on my Mac but it always got stuck backing up my messages, so I always hit cancel. Any suggestions?

you should be able to go into settings and accounts and make sure your gmail "account" is set up with the sync options that you want checked.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
you should be able to go into settings and accounts and make sure your gmail "account" is set up with the sync options that you want checked.

I have it synched with my gmail account, but nothing has changed, and all of the settings, and downloads have stayed the same. I'd like to refrain from having to do a restore if at all possible.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well if you set up your google account as the default, you should be able to import everything you have backed to your google account....The sales person normally do that in order to get you out of the store with a sale...but like dextorboot said...... do a factory reset and set it up the way you want ............

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have it synched with my gmail account, but nothing has changed, and all of the settings, and downloads have stayed the same. I'd like to refrain from having to do a restore if at all possible.

maybe try deleting the account and putting it back in......settings--accounts--select your account---remove account ----then back on the account screen, add account....

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When you're logged into your google email account, go to google play. I did that on my first day and everything started to update.