Note 3 Size Justification - need backup!

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my note 3 for about 2 months, and of course I still get the typical "Wow, your phone is so huge!" multiple times a day. However, recently I've been getting more questions such as "Why do you even need a phone that big??" etc etc. I'm sure you all have been there. I've tried all approaches like it's better for watching videos, taking notes, consuming Internet content, using multi-window, all that. Of course all I get back is "Why don't you just get a tablet?" Because a tablet doesn't fit in my pocket... I need help from you guys, what are some more benefits of the big screen that I haven't mentioned? I need to finally silence my friends. :)

Posted via Android Central App

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Running two app windows is so much easier with this big, beautiful HD screen. :)

My daughter has the Note 3, but she carries it in her purse. It's a little big for my shirt pocket, but I wouldn't mind having one if it were easier to carry in my pocket.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, people say that to me all the time at work when I pull out my phone. I just show them a video or Web browser and they're in awe.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my note 3 for about 2 months, and of course I still get the typical "Wow, your phone is so huge!" multiple times a day. However, recently I've been getting more questions such as "Why do you even need a phone that big??" etc etc. I'm sure you all have been there. I've tried all approaches like it's better for watching videos, taking notes, consuming Internet content, using multi-window, all that. Of course all I get back is "Why don't you just get a tablet?" Because a tablet doesn't fit in my pocket... I need help from you guys, what are some more benefits of the big screen that I haven't mentioned? I need to finally silence my friends. :)

You don't need any help, it is your friends that need the help!! :D :D

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Or just say nothing. You do not have to defend your purchase of the device. After a while your friends will get the hint and quit asking these questions.

ph0b0s123

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
"Why do you even need a phone that big??". I get that a lot as well since getting the first note ( have had all 3). My response is, it's not a phone! It's the wrong comparison. It's a mini tablet I can use to make calls. People should be saying your tablet is very small. The phone calling is one of the functions I use the least on my Notes, but I use the 3 / 4G data function that tablets don't normally have, a lot. So I say to people, if all they use the device for is as a phone, then smaller is the right size. If they want to have a pocketabe device for media consumption, decent web-surfing and gaming, then the Notes are the right size. Simple.

And no I don't look an ***** holding such a big device up to my head to make calls, as it is normally in my pocket and I take the calls on my blue tooth or wired headset. Why do I need to hold a device as large as even an Iphone, up to my head for an extended period of time. That is just silly.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
"Why do you even need a phone that big??". I get that a lot as well since getting the first note ( have had all 3). My response is, it's not a phone! It's the wrong comparison. It's a mini tablet I can use to make calls. People should be saying your tablet is very small. The phone calling is one of the functions I use the least on my Notes, but I use the 3 / 4G data function that tablets don't normally have, a lot. So I say to people, if all they use the device for is as a phone, then smaller is the right size. If they want to have a pocketabe device for media consumption, decent web-surfing and gaming, then the Notes are the right size. Simple.

And no I don't look an ***** holding such a big device up to my head to make calls, as it is normally in my pocket and I take the calls on my blue tooth or wired headset. Why do I need to hold a device as large as even an Iphone, up to my head for an extended period of time. That is just silly.

It's not a small tablet, it's a big phone

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. Just to clarify, my friends just all have iPhone's and refuse to switch to any other phone. I'm not actually angry that they ask all these questions, it's just a little playful competition.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
"Why don't you just get a tablet?"
Can you make a phone call from a tablet?

I would just respond with baby bear. Regular sized phones are too small (mama bear) and tablets, which can't make phone calls anyhow, are too big (daddy bear). The GNote3 is just right (baby bear).

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A year ago the Note 2 seemed gargantuan. Now, in a tech filled world where the norm is a five inch screen, the Note 3 is not even noticeably that large. Its more rectangular and svelte appearance minimize it somewhat.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
That's so funny. I get the total opposite. "Is that a Note 3?" "Wow, beautiful phone!" "I wished I had gotten the Note instead of this iPhone."

:D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Just a couple creative responses to iphones...

Awww... that's a cute little phone!

How long until it grows to a full size phone?

Does it come with reading glasses?

Have fun!