How about a better name than phablet?

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Its a category name for the device. Just like car, truck, van, etc. If you call your vehicle by it's model name every time you refer to it, people will look at you funny. Embrace it. You have a phablet.

I always refer to my phone as phone or the Note 3 :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
It's not all about specs. Actual performance is more important, and I have never seen a Hisense phone get praised for that

Posted via Android Central App

Isn't that what the Android community is all about? Specs? So your saying user experience is more important than specs?

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Apple doesn't multi task like Android does. Not an accurate comparison.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

To tell you the truth, I've never had to multitask on my Android devices so that's not important to me. What's important to me is using my devices without lag, crashes, and optimized gaming without a fragmented ecosystem. I see games on iOS devices and they are always running smoother and better graphics than the android counterpart even with inferior specs. Hopefully, the X1 will bring a better experience but I'm not holding my breath because it's still Android, after all.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To tell you the truth, I've never had to multitask on my Android devices so that's not important to me. What's important to me is using my devices without lag, crashes, and optimized gaming without a fragmented ecosystem. I see games on iOS devices and they are always running smoother and better graphics than the android counterpart even with inferior specs. Hopefully, the X1 will bring a better experience but I'm not holding my breath because it's still Android, after all.

Android will never act the same way as iOS. That OS relies heavily on user touch interface, which is where it shows in games.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
That's Fine. These big phones will always be referred to as phablets by the industry. There's no turning back now. The X1 will make the Note 3 look like a "toy".

Maybe...until the note 4 comes and blows that out of the water...

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I always call it:

The Beast
Big Daddy (Big Mama)
Phizzle

But really, the more I use it, the more it just seems normal size.

I think Phablet is here to stay, in the same way Crossover is used in the auto industry. I don't like either BTW.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mobile Nations mobile app