group text LAG

pearljam123

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone seen this messaging thing where say your in a group thread and person A texts the group but you also get a personal message from that person saying the message is unavailable tap to resend or retrieve and it never happens until later its like the texts get clogged or something its very weird. I cant keep up with the conversation. Has anyone seen this or know what I'm talking about?

Posted via Android Central App

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
Has anyone seen this messaging thing where say your in a group thread and person A texts the group but you also get a personal message from that person saying the message is unavailable tap to resend or retrieve and it never happens until later its like the texts get clogged or something its very weird. I cant keep up with the conversation. Has anyone seen this or know what I'm talking about?

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, that definitely happens in group text. If your phone happens to be in the group thread you can literally sit there and watch the text come in individually as it converts over to mms, then to moves into the group thread. It definitely can be a pain, especially if the group text is going fast - like people texting and replying immediately. Textra is a good replacement texting app, it speeds up the conversion to mms so that the lag is almost unnoticeable.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that definitely happens in group text. If your phone happens to be in the group thread you can literally sit there and watch the text come in individually as it converts over to mms, then to moves into the group thread. It definitely can be a pain, especially if the group text is going fast - like people texting and replying immediately. Textra is a good replacement texting app, it speeds up the conversion to mms so that the lag is almost unnoticeable.

I definitely second Textra.. speeds up the whole texting experience. Even typing seems quicker.. I always noticed a sort of keyboard lag with the stock text messaging app.

ajspurr

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Happens to me too! Just FYI I have a G2 with Verizon. This tends to happen more when the other texters are using iPhones. It's so annoying. I'm gonna try this Textra though

Anthony Valenti

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Happens to me too! Just FYI I have a G2 with Verizon. This tends to happen more when the other texters are using iPhones. It's so annoying. I'm gonna try this Textra though
Have you resolved this issue? I have this issue on a T-Mobile HTC One M8. I've switched to Textra, and do far, the messages are delayed by about 5 minutes. I'm going to guess that if the group message gets heavy messaging, the delay will increase. Annoying.

On the Stock App or Google Messenger, it was about a 1/2 hour

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Go SMS Pro and this problem is going to make me smash my phone.. does Textra really improve things? It can take minutes for each letter I type to appear. The other people in this text thread are on iPhones and it is driving me insane.