Which sd card do you all recommend?

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out which sd card would work great with my note 3...i think 32 gigs would be sufficient.

Posted via Android Central App

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think most people either swear by Samsung or SanDisk. I generally use SanDisk myself, but wouldn't hesitate to use a samsung one. I had a 32GB Lear card and it is the only one I have had so far that had failed. I think it also didn't run at the rated speed.

I have a 128 GB SanDisk extreme on the way now. It will replace my 64 GB SanDisk ultra Card.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I was using an A Data 8gig in my Note 2 and now my Note 3, it was a Class 10 and it worked fine. I just installed a Samsung pro 16gig for sale from Amazon and it came highly rated and seems a bit faster when looking through pictures

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm really just debating which class I need to get. I know I want the class 10 but I see all sorts of class ten of uh1 and Samsung pro. Could anyone really point out the specific class and such for either brand scandisk or samsung?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Class 10 is suppose to reflect 10 read speed. It is the fastest of the class for sdhc card types. With the release of 64GB micro sd cards we know have UHS-1. Which are generally faster then clad 10 cards but the are generally considered comparable.

The problem is allot of reviews have shown those classes don't mean a whole bunch. I have seen class 4 cards reviewed that smoked some class 10 cards. My suggestion if you are curious about performance would be to look for reviews that run the comparison.

You also have to consider the device it is going into. I don't think the Note 3 can even do UHS-1. Or Atleast I think I read that some where.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes that's what I was concerned about. I just want a good reliable card that can handle high speeds with great picture quality as I take numerous pics with my note 3.

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Also...main reason is why I'm asking is that if you go to amazon and view their today's best deals or just type in micro sd card the scankdisk card comes up 32g for 21.00 but it's a uhs-1 and I wanted to confirm that it will work with the note 3. If not I may just go with a class 10 samsung card or should I go with the pro (I also believe the Samsung micro) is also uhs-1. So it's pretty confusing!!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use ScanDisk brand 32gb, 64gb, and now a 138gb card in my Note 3. I would highly recommend the UH1/Class 10 card if you are planning on doing much video or burst shooting. Faster is definitely better under these conditions. Watch the Amazon daily deals for very good sale prices on both ScanDisk and Samsung brand cards. Both are very good quality.

- - - Updated - - -

uhs-1 is an ultra fast class 10 card and does work in the Note 3.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend a SanDisk as well. I have a 64 SanDisk is my Tab 3 and it's perfect! Plenty of storage.
I had a 16GB Lexar in my Note 3 and it just crapped out on me for reasons unknown right now.

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk