Did you know (in KK or JB) you can.. ....

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
4ybu5udy.jpg

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The symbol type / non graphic emoticons on SwiftKey send as a normal text. I show them below. 'S all I know. Good luck.

2amuqusa.jpg
a7uzasyh.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I know there on Tapatalk as well. I think you wanted to know if they send as mms. Re my previous post it may depend on the size of the message still of course. I don't know why some converted and some not.
Have a look at the sms thread. I think I remember you are in UK as well, or I could be mixing you up with another. :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
we are crossing posts. the keyboard emoticons seem to send as text on short msgs but the full animation ones in menu are mms. Regards.

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The "iPhone" emoticons sends as MMS.
I have them on my Swiftkey beta keyboard.
The regular alien looking ones I'm not talking about those. Sorry, should have been more clearer! 😃

I use swiftkey beta as well with the stock message app and they do send as mms. It vibrates and chimes when it converts for me.
When I use them in any other app, they just appear magically. 😄

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I use swiftkey beta as well with the stock message app and they do send as mms. It vibrates and chimes when it converts for me.
When I use them in any other app, they just appear magically. 😄

When I use them on facebook they disappear! 😃

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
When I use them on facebook they disappear! 😃

If I use the app they are there for me (I'll have to check my husband's phone to see if they show up for him) but if I use the mobile Web version they disappear. Weird. 😦

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
To clear up - 1st text with 'menu' emoticons sent as a mms, though did not say it was being converted.

4th text also with more emoticons from 'menu' delivered as SMS.

Also text 3 and 4 using standard SwiftKey unconverted emoticons delivered as SMS/text. Some did not convert.

1st text would notify of being changed to MMS if 'add slide' was added before sending.

So it seems all emoticons will normally send as an sms in text messages, not an MMS, though some emots arrive unconverted, though that may be down to the receiving phone or network.
I am done. :p

nazyryqa.jpg

7yqe3evu.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Did you know that you can ......

Set 1 of 3 location methods in Location - Mode.

GPS, Wi-Fi and Data on = High Accuracy
Wi-Fi and Data only = Power Saving (turns GPS off)
GPS only.

Does Power Saving Mode work for you? It turns GPS off, so is it to assist location in apps only?

Is yours set to High Accuracy?
Does it work any better to locate in Maps, while allowing Google services location access?
Does it work better in built up areas with plenty of Wifi and mast signals?
I leave mine set to GPS and only turn GPS on when I need it.

sataqa6a.jpg

my3e6umy.jpg

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Did you know that you can......
change the 3 selection buttons in Tapatalk by holding your left thumb near the bottom left of screen which brings up a blue box.
ta8u3uqe.jpg

2ybema9a.jpg

No. It's not going to change my world either. :)
UPDATE : It doesn't really work as you can't click on them, it shows they're there.

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you know that ES File Explorer is updated and you can create folders and move things around but you still have to rename files before you move them. Almost there.

waz ahmer

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Did you know that im at work and my boss is out im on my note 3 and I dont give a flippin damn even if he walks in my office yikes here here.......

Ulimate Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Did you know that ES File Explorer is updated and you can create folders and move things around but you still have to rename files before you move them. Almost there.

Thanks. I downloaded it but can't find a use for it atm. I think I would only use it to file documents, but I have little enough stored that I can find them anyway. I could could organise my 2000 odd photos from the last 3 years, but that's a whole heap of work for little reward. They are on a pc as well and I find FS Viewer helpful there.
You must have a lot to organise. My phone is 60% empty! :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
........ make a screenshot of ...... .... a screenshot.

I keep a lot for reference (200+), bank balances, shopping page, reviews etc, - so to put one back at the top of the screenshot list, I click it and delete the old one.

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I screenshot everything, bills paid, etc even pictures that don't have a download option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non