Anyone keeping Note 3?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Note 3 to keep. However, I currently plan to buy the Note 3, at a greatly reduced price, since it's being replaced by the Note 4. Not the usual choice, I know, but it makes economic sense to me. I'm hoping it will turn out well.
I currently have the Note 2, which I still Love Love Love even after 1-1/2 years......I too will probably stay one behind and go for the Note 3 for $99.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm keeping my Note 3. I really haven't seen any reason to change to the Note 4. Besides, I haven't had my Note 3 very long.

teddysjam

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Note 2, which I still Love Love Love even after 1-1/2 years......I too will probably stay one behind and go for the Note 3 for $99.

I had the note 2 also, switched to iPhone 5s never had an iphone wanted to try just in case I wanted the 6. But after playing with it I'm going back to the note. My upgrade was sept 1st I really like the note 4 but I'm not that much into specs just every day use and the note 2 was still a great phone. So like others I will get the Note 3 99.00 plus I got an 50.00 rebate from best buy that I signed up for earlier in yr. can't beat 50.00 for an upgrade for a great phone I'm assuming note 4 might be like 299.00 so I'm saving 250 might even buy the gear.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you think $99 is as low as the Note 3 price will go? I've been thinking that, once the Note 4 is in the stores, it might drop more. Or do you think that's risking not having any left by then? I've waited this long, so I can wait a few months longer if there's a reasonable likelihood that the price will continue to drop.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you think $99 is as low as the Note 3 price will go? I've been thinking that, once the Note 4 is in the stores, it might drop more. Or do you think that's risking not having any left by then? I've waited this long, so I can wait a few months longer if there's a reasonable likelihood that the price will continue to drop.
It might very well drop a bit more, but a lot of places will limit stock or stop stocking it at all once the newer model comes out. I get my new phones at the Verizon booth in Costco and my guy there told me they will not carry the N3 once they get the N4. So I think I am going to get the N3 in the next week or two.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Going with the Note 4. One word: metal. Although I don't like the fact that's it's a little larger.

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Any advantage to buying from AT&T store, Best Buy, or Costco---if pricing is the same?

If it's still the same as it used to be, Costco you get an accessory package and no hassle return. And if you live in a state, like I do, that charges tax on the full price of the phone, your tax will be less. Give them a call though to make sure since it's been awhile since I bought through them.

GoProDavidLe

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm always looking to try something new so I will probably end up upgrading to the Note 4 or maybe the Edge. But as of right now I love my Note 3.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I feel like I am halfway through a learning curve with the Note 3 after 9 months. I put off learning or adapting to things like scrapbook and action memo.

If I have the spare dough in December I may go for a Note 4 or Edge and leave the Note 3 unlearned.
The 4 sounds like it has better implementation and improvements to these areas, and cutting and highlighting with the pen sounds good for me, if it works.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

dr_m0x

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably get a note 4 after it's been out a few months and the price has dropped a bit. No point shelling out top dollar at release.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I love my Note 3. It works brilliantly.

The Note 4 is a little bit quicker with a little bit sharper display and has a heart rate monitor.
None of the improvements are staggering.

Given the low subsidized prices on the Note 3 I'd recommend my friends choose a 3 rather than a 4

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
It might very well drop a bit more, but a lot of places will limit stock or stop stocking it at all once the newer model comes out. I get my new phones at the Verizon booth in Costco and my guy there told me they will not carry the N3 once they get the N4. So I think I am going to get the N3 in the next week or two.

Currently the Note 3 can be had for $99. It is unlikely that price will drop before this time next year.
Only then (roughly summer of 2015) the price may drop to $49 but more likely retailers will have sold out before then.

As close as the Note 3 is to the Note 4 in specs I personally would not risk missing out on a Note 3 in the hope of saving $50. Just 2 wks ago the Note 3 was being sold for $149.

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
With my Note 3, I'm going on 11 months. It's still great. Yes, I would really like the Note 4, but it's not in the budget.

If money is an issue, I would wait. Once Android L is released, the Note 3 will get it, too (when, of course, depending on your carrier).

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I love my Note 3. It works brilliantly.

The Note 4 is a little bit quicker with a little bit sharper display and has a heart rate monitor.
None of the improvements are staggering.

Given the low subsidized prices on the Note 3 I'd recommend my friends choose a 3 rather than a 4

Lots of little things, and some not so little: huge upgrade to camera, metal frame, slightly better battery life, quick charging and fingerprint scanner to name a few.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm most likely going to get a $99 Note 3. I'm expecting the Note 4 to be in the $3-400 price range on a 2 yr AT&T upgrade and the only thing that would convince me to spend the additional money is if the SPen is a huge difference between the models (one review I read said it was). So I'll have to actually use the SPen on both models to determine if the 4 is worth the additional money.

FWIW to those considering the Note 3, my local Costco had sold out of them several weeks ago @ $149. Amazon currently has them for $99 and I think I can get one for that price through AT&T even though they currently want $229 on their website.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89