Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the zagg tempered glass from best buy. I'm very dissatisfied with the halo effect, I'm getting ready to return it. Had anyone else had this same problem and returned it even after it was placed on the phone, did they give you any hassles?

Posted via the Android Central App

larry0071

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I see this recent review on the screen cover discussed above:

Oct 21, 2014 2-Stars given by reviewer.
This review is from: MobilePioneer Samsung Galaxy Note 4 0.3mm Ultra Thin 9H Hardness 2.5D Round Edge Tempered Glass LCD HD Premium Screen Protector - Anti-Scratch/ Shatterproof/ Anti-Fingerprint/ Water & Oil Resistant (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I purchased the Galaxy Note 4 variant of the screen protector. Let's start with the positive. The glass is very nice and has a slight bit of flex to it. It's perfectly flat and extremely smooth. I previously owned a glass screen protector from Spigen for the original Galaxy Note. This feels every bit as hard but is MUCH thinner.

On to the negative. I understand that the Note 4 has curved edges and that a glass protector would need to be undersized to accommodate, however, the product I received was the full size of the screen and as such, all the edges pop up. There is a slight air gap all around and dust is starting to collect underneath. Eventually, I think this dust accumulation will either scratch the screen or, best case scenario, just cause the protector to no longer adhere.

If the product I received had accommodated to the phone's curved edges, this would have been a 5 star product.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I looked at those pictures when he posted them but forgot it was the Supersheildz brand and I was trying to avoid going through this thread from the beginning. I'm not seeing any halo effect but Chuck said there was a slight one that may go away overnight. Perhaps he'll comment how it looks now.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Took the zagg back to best buy with it on the note and showed them . They refunded the zagg and the install fee no problem.

Comp1demon

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
My Supershieldz should be here Tuesday, I ordered mine through Amazon...

[amazon.com/gp/product/B00N458IXO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=androidcentral00-20&m1k=vb_ac]Amazon.com: Supershieldz- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Premium [Tempered Glass] Screen Protector Anti-Bubble Anti-Scratch & Anti-Fingerprint (0.3mm) Thin Lightweight Rounded Edge -Crystal Clear [1 Pack]- Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

ORDERED!!!!!

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So I kind of messed up a screen protector installation trying to get a speck of dust out. Folded the adhesive on a corner, pulled it out. After that had a gap-halo effect-on the corner. I had some LOCA glue and decided to try it on the corner. It worked great, the corner is by far the best part of my screen. You could easily eliminate all the halo on any screen protector with it.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks I asked this question here before but i just looked back at the post where I asked and suddenly realize I did one lousy job of it. LIke I forgot how to use the English language...terrible.

Anyway...I know some folks have applied LiguidGlass to their N4's. The instructions say to apply to the whole exterior minding port openings etc. But my sense of it is that people that are using it are also wrapping a case around their N4. So are folks just using the LiquidGlass on the screen and in doing so are they staying away from the home button or just getting right up to the edge of it?

If left to my own devices, I would probably just do the screen. But I trust you guys here. If you guys are doing the whole device even then using a case, that is what I would do and I would also do what you guys are doing around the home button.

Russell N

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I also 1st bought the glass protector from zagg and returned it because of the halo and unsightly cracking effect on my expensive note4. Then I bought the zagg hdx and it's probably the closest thing to looking like glass without any halo effect. Covers the majority of the screen and I haven't had any halo. It's not glass but for now it's the best option for me and I am very detail oriented. HDX from zagg is a go until a good glass protector comes out.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I got this delivered on Friday. I'm returning it on Monday. The screen barely covers the display screen let alone the rest of the front of the phone. Total disappointment. And I have a case on the phone. The screen was still very shy of even touching the case.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got this delivered on Friday. I'm returning it on Monday. The screen barely covers the display screen let alone the rest of the front of the phone. Total disappointment. And I have a case on the phone. The screen was still very shy of even touching the case.

You're not going to get a Glass protector that covers the whole display without the Halo effect.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress