Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

rem0us

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Got the zagg glass from best buy with employee discount (came to 13.xx) Installed it and was a little crooked, I should have just left it but I took it off and reapplied it. Of course dust and hair got on the glass sticky part and couldn't get it off so I have 2 decent sized bubbles underneath the screen, its only really noticeable when the screen is off though. Has the halo effect but its only probably a half an inch.

I contacted zagg in an email and asked them if I would have to pay shipping + return shipping since the halo effect is a manufacturer warranty, waiting to hear back from them.

Say you are unhappy with the way you installed the protector and want a new one, will they ship you out a new one? Or does the glass have to be broken?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I always let the reps install screen protectors...especially tempered glass. When I tried it was not perfectly straight and there was dust. I've had good results with Best Buy performing the installs and have complete confidence in them. Well worth the $8 installation fee to me.

from the IV✒

Last edited:

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Got the zagg glass from best buy with employee discount (came to 13.xx) Installed it and was a little crooked, I should have just left it but I took it off and reapplied it. Of course dust and hair got on the glass sticky part and couldn't get it off so I have 2 decent sized bubbles underneath the screen, its only really noticeable when the screen is off though. Has the halo effect but its only probably a half an inch.

I contacted zagg in an email and asked them if I would have to pay shipping + return shipping since the halo effect is a manufacturer warranty, waiting to hear back from them.

Say you are unhappy with the way you installed the protector and want a new one, will they ship you out a new one? Or does the glass have to be broken?

If you have a halo they should replace it for that reason.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Called Zagg about the Halo on both of my glass protectors and they said that they will send me out 2 HDX at no charge until they figure out the glass problem. :p Guess the Note 5 will be out by then.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Called Zagg about the Halo on both of my glass protectors and they said that they will send me out 2 HDX at no charge until they figure out the glass problem. :p Guess the Note 5 will be out by then.

It seems like the problem is not with their glass, so to speak, but with the size. If they make the glass less tall and less wide (like the BodyGuardz) it won't be halo. I don't see th email design benefit to this rounded glass that Apple and Samsung have decided to use as of late. Is there some design benefit or are they just trying to give tempered glass aficionados a hard time?

from the S5 💸

Steven58

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site

Just hit the support link on the zagg.com site and then select chat. If they're busy, it may take awhile but hang in there. You'll likely get Chris P. They're well aware of this problem. He's going to send me the modified one, once the old halo'd ones clear the market. They already replaced mine hoping for a new one but I got an old one with a halo. :/. I'm sure Chris will forgo the postage for you as he did for me. They're great folks there.

Steven

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Just hit the support link on the zagg.com site and then select chat. If they're busy, it may take awhile but hang in there. You'll likely get Chris P. They're well aware of this problem. He's going to send me the modified one, once the old halo'd ones clear the market. They already replaced mine hoping for a new one but I got an old one with a halo. :/. I'm sure Chris will forgo the postage for you as he did for me. They're great folks there.

Steven

My Zagg has the halo but it's not bad. I was planning to just live with and if it ever gets crud under the halo (after some months, not weeks, hopefully), I'll pull it and replace it with BodyGuardz, which is slightly smaller and, therefore, does not have the halo.

from the IV✒

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So the last one I tried even though it's not glass was the Zagg HDX. Its definitely without halo as it should be, it's plastic. Looks great. Install is a little trickier than the glass ones but the tabs help.

Pros
-Looks good, no halo.
-Self healing.
-Thick enough it should give good protection.
-Good warranty.

Con's
-Has a fair amount of drag with s-pen and finger. Much better than other plastics, just not like glass, even after three coats of rain-x.
-Not as clear as iloome flex or other glass protectors. Has a hazy appearance when screen is off compared to the glasses.
-S-Pen left trails all over the face of the phone. Some healed, but some remain.
-Expensive for plastic.

It's a viable option for someone who prefers plastic to glass, but for the money IMO the iloome is the better purchase. If you're having issues with either protector, my experiences with both customer services has been great. Not trying to bash Zagg at all, but for those who have a less curved screen as apparently I do, the iloome seems the better buy. For those with wicked curves, the HDX is probably your better option. Gonna try the zagg til Friday when my second iloome gets here. But most likely this HDX will be replaced with that.

20703d1d5803bf3d05e78fc4ed135fb7.jpg
c091c795c21b6b217a8401e53d086abc.jpg

Tried to show the trails but they wouldn't come out.
ebdc1d9dbf74ceaec7fd1bb102665d20.jpg

89b6b6cc28a63c5a680f2024bca7546e.jpg

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I use the Mr. Shield screen protector, which I purchased from Amazon, They're not expensive, and very easy to install. No bubbles, if you follow the instructions, and they're very smooth and thin. Works great!

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Iloome screenmate flex after removing the Zagg HDX. Flawless install again. Can barely tell it's there. Eureka! 

011e61f5e03c86ef1ce3eefe4b2717b7.jpg
875f4fc1e72e2fd382e4e48ff9e3b569.jpg
492e718c7e7149c11eb832fe82011a2e.jpg
5d90d556e949a5205966eaf3c8d399c9.jpg
af9ca8e510f58bb39ec7203f6b658c4f.jpg

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Is the iloome smoother then the Zagg glass?
No. Its smooth but there are others that are more slippery. MyBat was the best for slickness but the iloome has no halo, lifting and is nearly invisible on the phone. Search for glass complete.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

This is the 2nd flexmate you've installed flawlessly, correct? Mine should be here Monday. Can't wait now!

Posted via the Android Central App

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well I received my iloome flex today. Instantly noticed when comparing that it goes farther to the edge than the spigen plastic protector I've been using. So I installed it. The hinge tape makes it a snap. Just take your time. I am pleased to report I have no bubbles, no halo, and a perfectly aligned installation. Pics to come. Thanks to keyz for the motivation to make the purchase.

Posted via MY Note 4

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I received my iloome flex today. Instantly noticed when comparing that it goes farther to the edge than the spigen plastic protector I've been using. So I installed it. The hinge tape makes it a snap. Just take your time. I am pleased to report I have no bubbles, no halo, and a perfectly aligned installation. Pics to come. Thanks to keyz for the motivation to make the purchase.

Posted via MY Note 4
I need pics NOW!!! Hahahaha. If it's a go, I'm ordering one tonight. This halo from the zagg is pissing me off

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Posted via MY Note 4
Awesome! Glad it was a win. I'm just happy now I can spend time using my phone instead of changing screen protectors everyday.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Not® 4

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I need pics NOW!!! Hahahaha. If it's a go, I'm ordering one tonight. This halo from the zagg is pissing me off

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Post #747 for black, #786 for white.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Not® 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk