Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector complaint

crivera7836

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I am very dissapointed in bodyguards tempered glass. This screen proctector does not cover the screen very well leaving large gaps of space around the sides and maily bottom of the phone where the capacitive touch button are located. I previously had one of these screen protector on my old note 3 and it was a peefect fit but this note 4 version is just dissapiontment. If any body else has bought these screen protectors and is dissatisfied whe should all complain to body guardz and demand our money back or they do a better version and replace these trash products. Btw i purchased for $45 at my local att store.

crivera7836

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector complaint

Pics of the screen protector look towards bottom of the phone for the defect

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141027_135807.jpg
    20141027_135807.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 204

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector complaint

I think this was done due to the rounded screen, which would be hard for any manufacturer to make one that "wraps" the screen effectively, but yeah this looks real bad though.

amzi160586

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I've got similar experience with different make. I ordered PThink 0.3mm tempered glass from Amazon and it's bit short on the sides and in length.

crivera7836

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Just an update i decided to get verizon store brand tempered glass it covers way better but not too thick makes me worry. Im just hoping spigen releases a tempered glass soon for the note 4.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Just an update i decided to get verizon store brand tempered glass it covers way better but not too thick makes me worry. Im just hoping spigen releases a tempered glass soon for the note 4.

I like the Verizon one as well. I had a Spigen on my Note 3 and after 3 months it began to lift off from the middle. When I contacted them, they wanted me to buy another at a discount. BS in my opinion. Their support leaves alot to be desired.

-Shawn
Noting the World One S-Pen at a Time

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the same complaint as the OP for the Qmadix Tech-Armor tempered glass for the Note 4. Picked it up at a Verizon 3rd party retailer. As soon as the associate put it on my phone I told him it was going to drive me crazy that it didn't cover the entire screen. I can live with the top and bottom but the fact that the edge (right and left) of the display arent covered I think will bother me a lot. I got it at a discount so I won't be too upset if I take it off (he even offered to take a return if I decide in a couple days that I don't like it), but I may have to try a corporate VZW store to see what those look like. Or go for a skin - I have had a lot of luck with Best Skins Ever, but they are out of stock right now.

Mtngirl65

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the same complaint as the OP for the Qmadix Tech-Armor tempered glass for the Note 4. Picked it up at a Verizon 3rd party retailer. As soon as the associate put it on my phone I told him it was going to drive me crazy that it didn't cover the entire screen. I can live with the top and bottom but the fact that the edge (right and left) of the display arent covered I think will bother me a lot. I got it at a discount so I won't be too upset if I take it off (he even offered to take a return if I decide in a couple days that I don't like it), but I may have to try a corporate VZW store to see what those look like. Or go for a skin - I have had a lot of luck with Best Skins Ever, but they are out of stock right now.

Mtngirl65

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Recently purchased S7 @ a franchise Verizon store w/a Qmadix Invisible First Defense tempered glass screen protector for $29.99. I realized after a few days that since it does not go edge to edge there is a touch sensitivity problem especially when typing numbers for account info. They won't exchange after 3 days even if they had a better product. Well, phone fell between seats of car ever so slightly chipping edge of protector. I emailed info & received new one under warranty w/Qmadix. Asked to get refund for brand new product in box which I hate but no way! They should have known this was a problem! @ least should have warned me before purchasing! Anyone have an edge to edge protector for regular S7 they like?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have an edge to edge protector for regular S7 they like?
My take on screen protectors:

The harder the protector, the less likely it is to scratch (you can only scratch diamond with carbide - sometimes). But the easier it is to break. (Soft things, like Jell-o, don't break.) So you're on a balance - hard protector to protect against scratches, but if it breaks it can shatter the screen, or soft protector that will scratch if mishandled, but actually affords the screen some shock protection?

I prefer the 3/$5 soft plastic protectors. They fit well, they're cheap, and I have one that's going on 5 years ans still looks new. (The "protector" on an Otterbox is a totally different matter.) Even if a plastic protector shows scratches after 2 or 3 years, that's $1/year, and thy fit the phone they're designed for, even "edges".