How many will be upgrading from the Note 3 to the Note 4?

teddysjam

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
re: How many will be upgrading from the note 3 to the note 4?

Had note 2 I can upgrade 2 days ago but last month picked up iPhone 5s never used iOS system not to bad gave it a shot before iphone 6 dropped but I'm going back to android note 4 when it comes out

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I plan to upgrade. I passed my Galaxy s3 to my wife 3 phones ago. She isn't a tech junkie but likes my Note 3 a lot. I offered to get her one and she said to just get the 4 when it's out and she'll take mine.

snowpromod

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

I have a Note 3 and the reception is terrible, getting a new phone...just worried the Note 4 will be just as bad, love the 3 but can't deal with the reception issues.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Melinium

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Update from Note 3 as soon as possible, i own all the Notes, minus the original Note who was killed by my black cat, when she jumped on the storage shelf. From this day the Notes are in a closed drawer.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I have a Note 3 and the reception is terrible, getting a new phone...just worried the Note 4 will be just as bad, love the 3 but can't deal with the reception issues.

Exactly my concern. I will try one. If it still gets bad signal, I am taking it back. If the second one is still bad, I will need to make a decision with Verizon. If they built in a switch to turn off the XLTE band, it would make a huge difference I would think. Can't even make calls or send texts on ground level at my house. Upstairs is spotty as well, but not as bad.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Verizon has radio issues with Samsung devices, just like other carriers. That seems a rash assertion. Samsung employee? ;)

Samsung is infamous for barely adequate radios.

You an employee too? :) ;)

I'm not Samsung employee.. So please don't assume :). I'm just saying I have a T-Mobile Note 3 and I seriously don't have issues... all around where I live and where I've visited.

esiemens

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: How many will be upgrading from the note 3 to the note 4?

I skipped the Note 2 and went from the Note 1 to the Note 3, huge difference (but preferred the form factor of the original, new ones are too tall, IMHO). Similarly, the Note 4 has a lot of nice incremental changes, but not enough to make me want to change. standard Qi charging, USB 3.1 connector, these are the little things Samsung has to do to push standards forwards (something perhaps only they can do, since Apple does their own things). the decision to step backwards to USB2.0 boggles my mind, it isn't like USB3.0 isn't backwards compatible, and the connector is much more solid than all the USB 2.0 devices/cables I have had get bent/damaged over the years

Maybe similar to Star Trek movies, only every other Note will be worth getting...

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I think it would have been good if they started shifting all their devices to USB 3.0. Especially if the devices are now taking 4k video, transferring extremely large video files back and forth over USB 2.0 is irritating.

It's a minor annoyance. I just found it strange that they went back to USB 2.0 there. Assumed it would be USB 3.0 again.

I agree with that.

While the parts have gotten better from the Note 3 to Note 4 (screen, camera, processor etc), the UI seems largely untouched. I think the user experience for the Note 4 will most definitely be similar to the Note 3. I don't think Note 3 users would be missing out on some sort of amazing piece of tech if they held on to their phones.

Note 4 is an evolutionary upgrade, and that's great. Great for people who haven't had a new phone in a while - the Note 4 will be a big update. Great for Note 3 users who don't want to shell out the $outright or re-contract as it won't be catastrophically different from what they already have.

And the Note 3 was a beast when it was released just like the Note 4 will be. The specs are still very good and more then enough. That said if your upgrading from any phone to the Note 4, I'm sure you'll be very happy. I was and still am extremely happy with my Note 3.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Isn't the Note 4 a Spark phone on Sprint? Even though the maps say I'm in the middle of a strong Spark signal, the phones at the Sprint store only show 3G. No sense in giving up 4G LTE for nonexistent Spark.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Yes, indeed, I will. I'm seriously fascinated with the Edge. A fun, fresh idea. I have been waiting for this for months.

Good for you, Sammy. 👍

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Anyone have any idea when the note 4 and edge will be available to buy? I know it's in October, but mid or late? Just curious

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Marper1

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

I have owned all 3 Galaxy Notes that is how loyal I have been. However I am kinda disappointed with the Galaxy Note 4 specs. They continue to use cheap plastic. They could have increased the screen size to 6 inches without making the phone bigger. They chose not to use Sapphire crystal. This year is hardly an upgrade. I really want the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 however they have no U.S. availability announced.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I have owned all 3 Galaxy Notes that is how loyal I have been. However I am kinda disappointed with the Galaxy Note 4 specs. They continue to use cheap plastic. They could have increased the screen size to 6 inches without making the phone bigger. They chose not to use Sapphire crystal. This year is hardly an upgrade. I really want the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 however they have no U.S. availability announced.

Cheap plastic? It's made of metal now.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm upgrading from a S3 and deciding between the Note 3 & 4 based on price. I've seen the Note 3 as low as $99 on a 2yr upgrade & I expect the Note 4 to be in the $3-400 range on a 2 yr upgrade. If that's the case most likely I'll get a Note 3 as I've not yet discovered a compelling feature of the Note 4 to justify paying 3-4 times more than the cost of the Note 3.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I'll most likely be selling my Nexus 5 - unless the Nexus 6/X brings something new to the table - to get the Note 4. I love stock Android, but it gets rather boring after awhile. There really is something to say about the bells and whistles of a non-stock device. And the improvements to the screen and camera are enough to make me jump to the Note. But I'm definitely curious to see what Moto shows us today.

nrthwds

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking of upgrading to either the Note 3 or the S5. Can't see spending $3-400 for the Note 4 when there aren't many improvements over the Note 3. Is the S5 or Note 3 the better choice to spend my upgrade? Both can be purchased on the 2yr upgrade for $99. I'll have it for 2yrs. Coming from the S3.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I got the Note 3 at launch. Loved it. Switched from Verizon to AT&T and decided to try something different. I got the HTC One M8 and I love it. Very loud (almost like it gives me a mini heart attack every time it rings) and was a welcome change. I will however be getting this phone. Nothing wrong with the HTC just like my giant Samsung phones. I think smaller incremental improvements are better than major overhaul. Btw why do people care so much about it being waterproof? Are you gonna take the thing swimming or what? :D