Tested a Note 4 30 minutes ago @ Best Buy

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
1) It's much faster than my Note 3 ever was out of the box. I would say in terms of moving around from app to app, faster than anything out there today...easily as quick as my 2014 MacBook Pro Retina which cost me about $3200.

2) Sound is fantastic, with what sounds like a separate tweeter built in...no distortion at all and the high end is very crisp! You can hear the symbals very distinctly!

3) The polished aluminum bezel is slick...with a very nice overall feel on the phone. Doesn't feel at all cheap like a Note 3; in fact, quite the opposite now. Would be really cool if the bezel is one piece and whatever was in between the polished portion on top and bottom could be removed and polished.

4) The phone stands about 4-5 mm taller than my Note 3, and thickness looks about the same.

5) The UI looks more like the S5 than the current Note 3.

6) Messaging app has some cool new features and a cool new look!

7) The camera app was very cool, with the new photo to text features!

8) The screen resolution and brightness was beyond the S5 and an iPhone 6 I had in my hand at the time. Unbeatable and super bright!

9) It has the new anti-bend option built in.

10) It's not an iPhone!

I don't know if it's 4.4.4 that makes the speed difference, or if it's the phone itself, but holy crap, that thing was lightning f_cking fast! Did I mention how fast it was? Instant - no lag.

I'm buying this phone - I want the fingerprint scanner and all the other cool features! I just sold one of my Note 3's and will get one as soon as they are available in October.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
1) It's much faster than my Note 3 ever was out of the box. I would say in terms of moving around from app to app, faster than anything out there today...easily as quick as my 2014 MacBook Pro Retina which cost me about $3200.

2) Sound is fantastic, with what sounds like a separate tweeter built in...no distortion at all and the high end is very crisp! You can hear the symbals very distinctly!

3) The polished aluminum bezel is slick...with a very nice overall feel on the phone. Doesn't feel at all cheap like a Note 3; in fact, quite the opposite now. Would be really cool if the bezel is one piece and whatever was in between the polished portion on top and bottom could be removed and polished.

4) The phone stands about 4-5 mm taller than my Note 3, and thickness looks about the same.

8) The screen resolution and brightness was beyond the S5 and an iPhone 6 I had in my hand at the time. Unbeatable and super bright!

10) It's not an iPhone!

I don't know if it's 4.4.4 that makes the speed difference, or if it's the phone itself, but holy crap, that thing was lightning f_cking fast! Did I mention how fast it was? Instant - no lag.

I'm buying this phone - I want the fingerprint scanner and all the other cool features! I just sold one of my Note 3's and will get one as soon as they are available in October.

Check out this video regarding the fingerprint. It looks like better than S5 scanner.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 In Depth Part 1: Fingerprint Scanner & Unlock - YouTube

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just back from Best Buy here too. I just have to say OMG, the screen is UFB....all right, well, let's just say unbelievable. I searched for some 14K videos on YouTube and played them on the screen and people walking by were coming over and going "Holy ....that screen is awesome!"
A guy that had just lost his Note 3 was in the store...no insurance...the BB sales guy showed him the Note 4 and he asked a few questions which I ended up answering for the BB guy...within 100 seconds of seeing it he had his credit card out and ordered a white one.

There were no black ones on display and no Edge or VR at the big Best Buy next to King of Prussia Mall in PA.

It's thinner than I expected, feels good in hand. Seemed very crisp and responsive compared to my S4 running Nova Launcher.

Can't wait. Now I'm psyched for my pre-order to ship.

iSpark

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was @ BB yesterday, and really really liked the Note 4!
Now I have to send my S5 back (in processing/shipping at AT&T) when it gets here this week. The Note 4 looks to be an awesome device!

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

10) It's not an iPhone!

But, was there any carrier BLOATWARE on it?

Posted via Android Central App

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I love seeing the positive reviews. The negative ones turn me away and then I see a good one and I'm all better.

Note 2 via Android Central App

Anthony Mclean

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Just left best buy, best looking phone ever in my opinion...feels very premium in hand, 2k screen is beautiful the pre loaded videos is amazing, pics look sharper and whites look actually white compared to s5...speaker was loud, the white version looks good but back little hard

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I hate waiting. I pre ordered mine weeks ago and I HATE WAITING

same here... I really hate the fact that someone has already managed to bend
the iPhone 6 Plus and yet we still can't get our hands on the Note 4.

I don't know if I can stand waiting for another 4 week or more. :(

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just left best buy, best looking phone ever in my opinion...feels very premium in hand, 2k screen is beautiful the pre loaded videos is amazing, pics look sharper and whites look actually white compared to s5...speaker was loud, the white version looks good but back little hard

Did the videos show any lag or stutter? I've seen it mentioned, but I'm assuming it's because people are watching those vids on older phones.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
AT&T please release the phone next Fri..October 17 is very long wait...IPhone 6 sell just 10 days after they announced the phone..Hurry up Samsung..

Anthony Mclean

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Did the videos show any lag or stutter? I've seen it mentioned, but I'm assuming it's because people are watching those vids on older phones.

No lag what so ever, I watched 2 pre loaded animal videos omg the tigers and monkeys fur was so crispy lol...colors rich and that was b4 I changed the display settings to amoled cinema

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38