Note 4 Sticking with touchwiz or nova?

Anthony Mclean

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 How long did u go b4 replacing touchwiz

All new note 4 owners how long b4 u replace touchwiz or is it instant u replaced it?

Posted via Android Central App

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: How long did u go b4 replacing touchwiz

Have Touchwiz on my N2 since release. Note 4's touchwiz looks even better. Keeping it.

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I can't even root properly so I bet in stuck with it lol

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

I don't have a problem with Touchwiz, at this point. I've had it on my GS3 since day one. Unless there are some MAJOR issues, I don't see myself changing.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

There's only one truly terrible thing about TouchWiz:

Those creepy smiley faces for default contacts.

Should Samsung remove that...it would be all good.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

The only thing I really hate about touchwiz is the limitation of a 4x4 grid on the home screen. I use a lot of features in Nova launcher, but the only reason I really felt like I needed it was the 4x4 limit on the default one.

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Never. Don't mind it on my S3, should be pretty good on the Note 4..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Mine is all stock so far .. Just installed my apps and set it up how I like it.. Charging it now :).

Anthony Mclean

May 4, 2013
Visit site

Mine is all stock so far .. Just installed my apps and set it up how I like it.. Charging it now :).

Ok keep us up to date if u switch... My only thing about touchwiz is the icon size and type, If I could use icon pack with touchwiz I would never remove it

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Ok keep us up to date if u switch... My only thing about touchwiz is the icon size and type, If I could use icon pack with touchwiz I would never remove it

You could check out beautiful icon Styler. It lets you theme your home screens using any purchased icon packs. Unfortunately it doesnt theme the app drawer icons, but it gives your home some class.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lciumion.themepicker.app&hl=en&token=sDHVT_VD

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

I liked it on my S3. And I will be keeping it on the Note 4.

I looked at other phones without touchwiz and purported to be "closer" to stock but I found them quite lacking. For example, and this is just one of many, with touchwiz I can swipe then click to toggle a number of radio settings (wifi, bluetooth, GPS) but on other phones need to swipe swipe then click which gets old after a while.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't have it but I doubt I'll get it for more than an hour. I love LG's UI, IMO it's the best stock but I love my Nova Prime and it's Gestures.

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Do you lose any features when using a different launcher? Multiple windows, s pen features, side bar, finger scanner?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

It's coming off immediately. Nova will be the first app I install. Can't stand having all the space the Note offers without using it. Multiple columns and rows for me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'll probably install Nova someday.. I usually always do. Right now I'm just happy that I have the phone :).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I like TouchWiz but ever since I had a nexus 5 I love the Google now launcher and even side loaded the apk onto my note 3 before Google made it avaliable to any phone with Android 4.4

I will probably try out touchwiz but I like how I have more apps per page on the Google now launcher

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Not to be a snob, but are we talking about launchers or ROMs? TouchWiz is a ROM and we are stuck with it until someone figures out how to root the note 4 and builds a custom rom for it.

As far as launchers go, I'll save my settings in Nova on my sd card, and import those settings to the Note 4 as soon as I start using it. You keep all the futures of TouchWiz and get a better launcher.

Now, I'm probably one of the only people who is going to get the phone and put it away in a drawer for a while.... I'll wait until someone roots the note so I can remove or disable carrier iq and remove some att bloatware. I just couldn't pass up the trade in promo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699