Note 4 Fingerprint scanner or not?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I plan to keep the feature on. It's worked for me everytime. I have registered four fingers. Its best to use as many angles as you possibly can per finger.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Fingerprint scanner or not?

How did you set it to unlock with a swipe for 10 minutes then go to fingerprint? I would LOVE to have mine work that way but can't figure out a way to do it?

go to: Settings>Device tab>Lock Screen> Secured lock time > then set it to what you want.

15vailo50

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got my note 4 yesterday... But with going on 20hrs of use I have to say its a go...works 90% of the time...good enough for me!

Note 4

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Idk if it's just my bad luck or the fact that my phone seems to have more issues than its worth, but the fingerprint scanner barely works for me. I'm keeping it on right now because I kind of like it, despite it being annoying as heck. I registered two thumbs and my right index, even swiped at different angles hoping to bypass having any issues if I was holding the phone differently at the time of unlocking, and it's a pain. I got locked out of my phone and while it was locked I didn't have the option to input my regular password. Wonder why that's even available if you can't use it. Bummed out man.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got my note 4 yesterday... But with going on 20hrs of use I have to say its a go...works 90% of the time...good enough for me!

Note 4

The only time I find it doesn't work is when--because of old habits and stupidity--I swipe the screen and sort of miss the button. That's hardly, of course, the scanner's fault. :) Otherwise, it's been quick, easy and reliable.

marvinthmartian

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Big thumbs up(no pun intended!) to the fingerprint scanner. I got my N4 3 days ago, and set up the fingerprint scan for security(out of curiosity). Since then, it's worked 9 times out of 10. I'm quite impressed, to be honest!

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
It's awesome just make sure to register your finger one time swiping normally and one time swiping horizontally, that's what I did and works great!

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I just tried out the advice on here and registered two different registries for my thumb, one vertical the other horizontal as noted above and its worked flawlessly thus far. Thanks!

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I like it, the problem is getting cold in cali so I'm wearing gloves. I have to take it off to use the finger scanner.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I like it, the problem is getting cold in cali so I'm wearing gloves. I have to take it off to use the finger scanner.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep that is going to be a problem for everyone using any type of fingerprint scanner :D.

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Maybe big fingers are best..works flawlessly for me...also use your index finger for best response....the thumb is the worst response

I have the opposite issue, either index fingers didn't work like 90% of the time but thumbs work best for me. It is a little quirky but I use it as I'd rather swipe a thumb then enter in a password.

Posted via Note4 & Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I have the opposite issue, either index fingers didn't work like 90% of the time but thumbs work best for me. It is a little quirky but I use it as I'd rather swipe a thumb then enter in a password.

Posted via Note4 & Android Central App

Likewise. If I used a password I would use a pattern lock.

Danger_Mouse#AC

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Idk if it's just my bad luck or the fact that my phone seems to have more issues than its worth, but the fingerprint scanner barely works for me. I'm keeping it on right now because I kind of like it, despite it being annoying as heck. I registered two thumbs and my right index, even swiped at different angles hoping to bypass having any issues if I was holding the phone differently at the time of unlocking, and it's a pain. I got locked out of my phone and while it was locked I didn't have the option to input my regular password. Wonder why that's even available if you can't use it. Bummed out man.

Did you try registering the same finger multiply times and doing it at different angles each time? If not maybe you should exchange your phone for another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress