Switching from iOS to Note 4 General Questions

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello! In a brief summary, I have had every version of the iPhone and tomorrow I am plunging into the Android world by getting a Note 4.
1) Does fast charging damage the battery? Is it something you do only when needed or is it safe to do every charge?
2) How does the battery work in low power mode? Is it what is hyped up to be? If I get below 20 percent on my iPhone 5S, I am running towards a charger.
Thank you in advance!
3) Anyone know how to turn off iMessage so I get all my texts? And what about my current contacts?
4) How long does it take to get used to and familiar with Android?
5) For my music, it is all on iTunes. Any cool free apps to sync my music to my Note 4?
6) Random question but does the Note 4 come with any headphones like the iPhone? Not a huge deal because I use Beats headphones.
Thank you so much!

anon(3012187)

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you in advance!
3) Anyone know how to turn off iMessage so I get all my texts? And what about my current contacts?

Go to settings, messages, and slide the iMessage slider.
It can take a bit but it all depends on you really.

6) Random question but does the Note 4 come with any headphones like the iPhone? Not a huge deal because I use Beats headphones.
This depends on your carrier
Thank you so much!

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello! In a brief summary, I have had every version of the iPhone and tomorrow I am plunging into the Android world by getting a Note 4.
1) Does fast charging damage the battery? Is it something you do only when needed or is it safe to do every charge?
2) How does the battery work in low power mode? Is it what is hyped up to be? If I get below 20 percent on my iPhone 5S, I am running towards a charger.
Thank you in advance!
5) For my music, it is all on iTunes. Any cool free apps to sync my music to my Note 4?
Thank you so much!

See this thread: Switching from iPhone 5 to Note 4 this week. What should I do when I get my Note to ensure an optimal experience? : galaxynote4

Most important: How to fix Apple's iMessage bug - CNET

For your other questions:
1. Don't worry about it. Also, guess what? Your battery is user replaceable!
2. There is power saving mode. Then there is ULTRA power saving mode, which will give you a humongous boost on battery life. Your battery life will depend highly on individual use patterns and signal/reception.
3. See above.
4. Did not take me any time at all. You can learn as you go along and you will learn as much as you need to based on your needs.
5. Spotify, Songza, and Google Music are all excellent.
6. I think this is carrier dependent.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forum
1) No it doesn't hurt the battery. The charge rate will slow as the battery charge increases. You can turn it off in the settings if you want.
2) There are two power saving modes. One just lowers system resources to save power. The other is more drastic and shuts off all but a few essential services. The latter can keep you running for a VERY long time.
3) This one is a little trickier. On your iPhone, go into settings, messages and if your signed into iMessage with your Apple ID tap the area where it shows addresses where you can receive iMessages, then sign out, if you're not signed in with you'd Apple ID, then go into settings, messages and switch off iMessages. If you use an iPad and/or a Mac and use it for iMessages as well, you will need to sign out of all them too if they receive messages via your phone number.
4) Not long, it's really quite easy. Spend some quality time here in the forums. Also watch some YouTube videos on the phone, they're very helpful.
5) Lots of ways to handle that. Easiest at first is Samsung Smart Switch, just Google that and check out Samsung's website on it. You can also use Samsung Kies on your computer to sync, it will pull your library from iTunes.
6) Not with Verizon or AT&T.

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for the warm and friendly responses! I am so excited to be making the switch. I consider myself a mid-level techie. I was much more into it in high school because college was filled with more pressing matters (girls typically). I am going to do as much research tonight as possible and walk into my ATT store tomorrow and hope they have some in stock. I live in Cincinnati so I can always shop around if need be.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you turn off FaceTime too.

Also as far as syncing your music goes I use iSyncr. It's not free but it's worth the money.

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you turn off FaceTime too.

Also as far as syncing your music goes I use iSyncr. It's not free but it's worth the money.

I second isyncr. Definitely worth the money. I wirelessly sync every night at 3am. It also reverse syncs all my photos and videos to my hard drive.

Posted via the Android Central App

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the warm and friendly responses! I am so excited to be making the switch. I consider myself a mid-level techie. I was much more into it in high school because college was filled with more pressing matters (girls typically). I am going to do as much research tonight as possible and walk into my ATT store tomorrow and hope they have some in stock. I live in Cincinnati so I can always shop around if need be.
You will be so impressed with all you can do with the Note and Android! The Spen is amazing! I am still using a Note 2 and by far the best phone I have ever had until I get the N4 that is!

Android Central is filled with fabulous people that are always here to help and answer any questions! I learn new things here all the time! Good luck tomorrow!

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I got the LAST white Note 4 in Cincinnati today! So happy! But am very confused as this is my first Android. Will be googling a lot this week haha. Quick question: any recommendations for app launcher? The stock one isn't my style.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the LAST white Note 4 in Cincinnati today! So happy! But am very confused as this is my first Android. Will be googling a lot this week haha. Quick question: any recommendations for app launcher? The stock one isn't my style.

I hear Nova Launcher mentioned a lot.

Note 2 via Android Central App

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the phone and welcome to Android! I have always used the stock launcher, so can't recommend, but don't forget to dive into Google Play to find apps.

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
My friend was a Apple fanboy for the longest time. When they started integrated Hangouts, he made the switch. Now he loves android and told me at this time he has no plans to go back.

As far as quesions, Search the posts and if you don't see what you are looking for, this a great forum to get answers.

Welcome to the Android family

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

NOVA

Nova

Did I mention NOVA?

And this coming from a guy who likes N4 Touchwiz

Posted via the Android Central App