Galaxy Note 4 Backordered at T mobile

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering what is the status of the Galaxy Note 4 with Tmobile. I missed it on the 17th because no stores had it, then I called every store around me every day, but nobody had it. Yesterday I got tired of the nonsense and I decided to order it from a store. The status of the order changed from processing to backordered and my credit card hasn't been charged yet. Is anyone else having this problem? What's the word? When will it be shipping?

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
It makes no sense. I'm tired of it and I'm not willing to wait 3 weeks for them to ship it. I don't know if Samsung failed to release enough phones or if carriers didn't order enough.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
My replacement is on back ordered as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When did you order the replacement? I just ordered one Monday that got delivered yesterday, which also ended up being defective. So I ordered another replacement last night and they said it will be delivered Friday.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
When did you order the replacement? I just ordered one Monday that got delivered yesterday, which also ended up being defective. So I ordered another replacement last night and they said it will be delivered Friday.

Ordered it yesterday and they said 4-7 days . I actually asked about the iPhone 6 plus and that was up to 6 weeks . Good to see the note 4 is back ordered though because that's rare for android

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Ordered it yesterday and they said 4-7 days . I actually asked about the iPhone 6 plus and that was up to 6 weeks . Good to see the note 4 is back ordered though because that's rare for android

4-7 days is the delivery window for UPS Ground Shipping. Are you sure that's not what they meant? Next day air isn't automatic, but an upgrade. My order status is showing "ready for UPS."

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Note 4 yesterday by calling the loyalty department and got it shipped overnight, a white color. Before that, I went to 6 different local stores, they didn't have any in stock. They are quite limited, only 5 in daily shipment for now. Your best bet is to call and place the order. Good luck!

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
4-7 days is the delivery window for UPS Ground Shipping. Are you sure that's not what they meant? Next day air isn't automatic, but an upgrade. My order status is showing "ready for UPS."

They said 4-7 days for me I believe but by the time I got the order I was annoyed with t- mobile customer service Idk how much I pay attention lol . Reps were nice but they couldn't do anything like usual. Last one was good though

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have been patiently waiting...I originally order my note 4 on the 11th. Idiots did not send me an eip agreement so 2 days later they canceled it. So i had them reoder it on over the phone on the 14th. My order has been placed on backorder as of the 20th. I have been told by multiple t mobile operators that the phone should be shipped 4 days after the backorder date, if backorder doesnt update. They also stated that if a phone is placed on backorder the shipping status automatically changes to next day air. Hope this holds true.

Posted via Android Central App

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Jeffery,
If the order status is in backordered, it can probably remain so indefinitely. When it becomes available, who knows when, they're trying to make it up by shipping it overnight. I'm not impressed. If I had known about a Loyalty line, I would've definitely called it. But every time I spoke with someone, they told me there's nothing they can do, like usual.

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Samuel,
I already placed the order, but I'm thinking about looking for a number for the loyalty department and calling them to see if they can do anything. It's disgusting. I don't think I've ever heard of so much aggravation. Thank you!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have been patiently waiting...I originally order my note 4 on the 11th. Idiots did not send me an eip agreement so 2 days later they canceled it. So i had them reoder it on over the phone on the 14th. My order has been placed on backorder as of the 20th. I have been told by multiple t mobile operators that the phone should be shipped 4 days after the backorder date, if backorder doesnt update. They also stated that if a phone is placed on backorder the shipping status automatically changes to next day air. Hope this holds true.

Posted via Android Central App
Yeah that happened to me when I tried to order a signal Booster. Had to sign something and nothing came...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think the note 4 is seeing unusual demand. The larger iphones, and the ever increasing size of phones has made the note 4 less of a niche product. When I picked up the phone on release day, I was second in line behind like 10 people all waiting to get the note 4.

The note 4 deserves the hype...it truly is an amazing phone. It is markedly better than the iphone six plus, which I owed for ~20 days (then I returned it, they accepted the return, I was lucky).

Its the first samsung phone that doesn't leave me wishes for:

Better software, better build quality, etc. I hope samsung continues the trend.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It makes no sense. I'm tired of it and I'm not willing to wait 3 weeks for them to ship it. I don't know if Samsung failed to release enough phones or if carriers didn't order enough.

The phone is actually just popular and people are buying it.. It's just like Apple... They sell out and go on back order. It's just due to more demand than supply. It's not them purposely trying to not get the device to you. If anything T-Mobile did well with pre-orders... Most of us got it a week early.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I got mine in the store yeaterday. I started calling around this saturday but none has it until most in my area got their shipment yesterday but very limited. At least 3 to 5 per store.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Samuel,
I already placed the order, but I'm thinking about looking for a number for the loyalty department and calling them to see if they can do anything. It's disgusting. I don't think I've ever heard of so much aggravation. Thank you!
I am sorry to hear your frustration. The Loyalty Department has no direct number. Call 611 from your device. Once connected to Customer Care, on the prompt say, "terminate account" or "Loyalty Dept". Usually folks there have higher power than your typical agent. Let us how you made out.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I purchased mine on October 17th at a t-mobile store. At 9:00am when stores first opened, no store I went to or called had stock, however by 10:00am stores were receiving their shipments from ups in limited quantities. I called a store which told me they just received the shipment from ups so I shot over there like a bullet train, Lol, and got my hands on one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ab3n

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I was in a similar situation. I didn't pre-order, but was 2nd in line on the 17th at my local T-mobile store. Unfortunately they didn't even receive enough to cover in-store pre-orders so I walked away empty-handed, sitting on a waiting list.

On the 21st, after calling area stores everyday to no avail, I finally ordered online with next day shipping and saw the same 4-7 day delivery estimate. Later that night my processing status changed to "Backordered". About 24 hours later (late last night), my status changed to Shipped and my new note 4 is now sitting at my local UPS facility waiting for me to pick it up when they open at noon.

After all is said and done, I'll have recieved mine about 48 hours after ordering it online on the 21st. It was only in backorder status for about 24 hours. Hope that helps!

golgo1313

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Haha, and they screwed up and sent me two note 4s. I'm sending one back as I don't think there is much profit in trying to sell the spare one.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
One of my Note 4's, I preordered mine on the night of the 16th. Received it that Monday the 20th. My other Note 4, walked into the T-Mo store as soon as they opened at 10. 2nd one in line and picked it up. They only had 9. They claim this store picked up more than other stores.