Galaxy Note 4 Backordered at T mobile

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Jay,
I used to love Tmobile, but all it takes is one huge mess like this for people to get annoyed. Unlike you, the store which I am dealing with is not kind at all, I hope I never have to see them again! Yes, they are holding the phone, but that's the least they can do, since they didn't bother to do anything else or help me understand anything; I did everything on my own. So, that's part of their job, nothing out of the ordinary.
You should switch..... To many options to just deal with it Imo. I am now with Verizon and very happy with them

JayFiveAlive

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I personally won't switch cause they are the fastest and cheapest for me :p If they weren't, I definitely would not stick around! I come from Sprint though, so my standards maybe are low lol.

rvanderwerf

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Went through the same here. I had to resort to shaming them on twitter publicly to get anyone to help. Finally the tmobileusa account helped me and cancelled it quickly, but they tried the same wait 5-7 days to cancel, and I told them unacceptable. They got it done in 24 hrs at least. My ordered is now confirmed via email and account cancelled, but hopefully my jump status is fully restored!

edit website tells me this now:

The line associated with (XX) XXX-XXX is ineligible to JUMP! because of the following reasons:
You’re ineligible because you do not have an Active Equipment Installment Plan.

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
But is it normal to have to go to that extent for them to do something??? It tells me the same thing and I'm guessing that this is what the store sees when they tell me it's not updated yet. I have not received a call from them, as I was expecting.

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Jay,
I hear Sprint is a lot worse.. Why did you leave? Oh, and Tmobile for me is nowhere to cheap: I pay $300 every month, that's why I get furious when I don't get what I pay for. It's way too much.

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I know there have been way too many problems for any normal person to even think of understanding. I am thinking about paying everything off and switching companies. I need some company that's very reliable when it comes to signal, that has unlimited plans and that won't cost more than $300 for 3 lines.

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Tmobile called and... big surprise, the system did not update. They are doing the Jump as a trade in and crediting the difference. You need to get to an account analyst to do this. It's a long way, but if you do get there, it will get resolved. I am going to the store now.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I know there have been way too many problems for any normal person to even think of understanding. I am thinking about paying everything off and switching companies. I need some company that's very reliable when it comes to signal, that has unlimited plans and that won't cost more than $300 for 3 lines.

You can try Sprint but --- good luck with data speeds :).

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Tmobile called and... big surprise, the system did not update. They are doing the Jump as a trade in and crediting the difference. You need to get to an account analyst to do this. It's a long way, but if you do get there, it will get resolved. I am going to the store now.

Be sure to keep us posted with the outcome. Best of luck to you, Anna! I hope things finally go your way.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I personally won't switch cause they are the fastest and cheapest for me :p If they weren't, I definitely would not stick around! I come from Sprint though, so my standards maybe are low lol.
Oh t-mobile was the cheapest and I've been now with AT&T Verizon (current provide) and t-mobile and AT&T and verizon have been the fastest for me. I get 10gb of data for around the same price I am paying for t-mobile with less the hassle and better service

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Tbh I like unlimited data but 10gb for $120 a months including my phone payments with Verizon edge is good for me. $80 for the plan, $15 for having a smartphone on and $24.99 for the phone

Anna Notte

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Ismachado, thank you! I finally got it, but I need to follow up with them to make sure they don't screw it up. :\ It was done as an upgrade, no credit is showing for the Note 3 which I gave back. Well, hopefully this is the last hassle I have with them!

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Ismachado, thank you! I finally got it, but I need to follow up with them to make sure they don't screw it up. :\ It was done as an upgrade, no credit is showing for the Note 3 which I gave back. Well, hopefully this is the last hassle I have with them!

So happy you finally got your Note 4, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine! Just make sure to CYA and hang on to all your receipts and other documentation just in case there is an issue with the Note 3 that you gave back.

In the meantime though, have fun with your new toy.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

That finally moment, I had to wait along time after launch to get mine.

Only arrived yesterday and I like it alot.

Enjoy :)

Posted via the Android Central App

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like we are close to the same point in this process. My order was finally cancelled officially and now I'm calling in to check my IMEI status. I really like T-Mobile, but this experience sucks. I won't leave them, but I will definitely not order online with them again. The nearest store to my house is very kind and happy to hold a phone for me until the mess is cleared up as well.
I can feel your pain because I am presently going through the same process.....and just like you.... even thought I will not leave TMobile.... I will never place an online order .....it's been two weeks and they still have cancelled my order and my Jump still not available .....

----

Called and they said my IMEI is free to Jump again, though online doesn't say it is... going to go to the store today hopefully :X

nguyen4514

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I have been following this thread for a while to check on the wait time for the Note 4.

I placed my order for a black Note 4 on October 28,2014 and was on backorder for a bit. I just received my tracking number today and t-mobile gave me free next day shipping. When talking to various representatives, it seems like the trend is that the white Note 4 has less demand than the black color.

If you are heading out to the stores to buy a Note 4, you can try going to Costco. The representatives told me that you can buy a Note 4 from Costco. I called Costco a few times to check if they had the Note 4 in stock, but it looks like they have more Note 4's for Verizon or AT&T. I was told that Costco receives T-Mobile Note 4's daily, but they don't get many.

Best of luck to everyone.

s700

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
nguyen4514:
What a shocker. Many of us ordered around Oct 23 and still there is no update on the status. Says backordered, no change since the order was placed. You are lucky. Thanks for the update though. Appreciate it.
--------

Update: Just checked my credit card activity and it shows that t-mo has deducted the tax amount. So, may be it is coming soon.

JayFiveAlive

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Went through the same here. I had to resort to shaming them on twitter publicly to get anyone to help. Finally the tmobileusa account helped me and cancelled it quickly, but they tried the same wait 5-7 days to cancel, and I told them unacceptable. They got it done in 24 hrs at least. My ordered is now confirmed via email and account cancelled, but hopefully my jump status is fully restored!

edit website tells me this now:

The line associated with (XX) XXX-XXX is ineligible to JUMP! because of the following reasons:
You’re ineligible because you do not have an Active Equipment Installment Plan.

Check again today - that last note you had happened to me yesterday, after 24 hours I checked online and am now eligible.

Jay,
I hear Sprint is a lot worse.. Why did you leave? Oh, and Tmobile for me is nowhere to cheap: I pay $300 every month, that's why I get furious when I don't get what I pay for. It's way too much.

Sprint's data speeds were a major joke. I pay about the same for 2 lines with T-Mobile, but I get 4G LTE and that includes the cost of 2x phones and Jump. At this time, I would consider anyone but Sprint if I left T-Mo, but I am going to give them another chance :p Even this mess has been better than my frustration with Sprint and their 110KBs download speeds. As a joke to a friend of mine who is in love with Sprint for some reason - when I went to Mexico on T-Mobile's unlimited international data in some locations, i did a speed test and Mexico's data speeds were like 145KBs vs Sprint's 110KB. I sent him the picture and mocked him :p

-------

In my area the White is much more rare - I called every store within 15 miles of my house (like 9 stores) and of those 9, 3 had 2-3 blacks. Only 1 store had 2 Whites, the rest were all out of stock completely.

I don't understand how they fulfill their online orders. It's definitely not first come first serve as I've heard a few folks say they ordered the 28th or 29th and received their phone within a few days. Yet others ordered as early as the 23rd and still nothing. I hope all you that do order online get your orders soon. This phone seems to sell like hotcakes. If you have not ordered one online yet, I would recommend just calling around your local stores daily around 2:30pm as most stores tend to get phone shipments in around 2 pm each day. It may not have a Note in the shipment, but it's your best bet at getting one without waiting for the online order.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
That is why I'm glad that I ordered my note 4 on the 1st day of pre order and received it 5 days before launch day. But believe me it wasn't easy for us with all the screw up that t mobile did with the announcement of the wrong launch date.. All they did was upgrade us to next day air, I had asked for ground service

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89