11-06-2014 07:15 PM
61 123
tools
    I came fromt he iPhone as well. I'll read this thread thoroughly tomorrow. I have questions as well.
    11-02-2014 09:03 PM
    As far as being able to MAKE playlist...yea I know I can remake them, I just dont want too lol.
    Run Google Music Manager on your MAC/PC and it will duplicate your iTunes playlists for you, which will then show up in Google Play Music on all your devices.
    11-03-2014 09:59 AM
    Yes the same here I tried to used other apps instead of Samsung TouchWiz but ultimately I go back to it, its ok much better than other apps
    11-03-2014 06:50 PM
    Quickpic for pictures. You'll never look back
    11-03-2014 08:57 PM
    Whats up everyone,

As the title says, after being a long time apple user (sure...fanboy , I finally took the plunge. In the last 7 years, I did try the first galaxy, and returned it, and then the note 2, which i also returned..but i really liked that phone. Always been interested in the "phablet" market, but when apple released the plus and didnt put a true multi task support, and take advantage of that huge screen i knew it was time to go.

So far I'm loving this phone, its pretty damn incredible....touch wiz is little meh, but I can deal with it. I do have a few questions that I tried searching, but couldnt find a solid answer, hopefully you guys can help out.

1. The battery is amazing, I get basically a full days use, so I'm not complaining. However last night I went to bed at 34% (i think) and I figured no reason to charge...I woke up on like 13%....is this a notification thing?
    2.When playing music, is there a way to get the music to stop pausing for a second when i receive a text?
    3.Is there a better gallery app than samsung for photos, or should I just stick with stock? Not that its terrible...but I'm just used to how the iphone organized it, so I was curious if something similar was possible.
    4. Is there any way to adjust the senstivity on this thing? The screen and even the buttons (not the physical home button) are extremely, overly touchy. It's such a big phone that sometimes I accidentally palm something near the bottom while reaching, and i end up hitting something I didn't want to.

4. Last and most important.....

I did a ton of searching on how to port my direct itunes playlist on this phone, and came up with so many different things, that I didnt know what to believe. Theres a ton of apps you have to buy that do it for you, which I'd honestly rather not do if there is a free way to do it. I tried the exporting playlist file method, where you drop it into the music folder on the device, but that gave me no luck...any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post lol...but I was stuck in the iCloud for so long I feel like it dumbed me down a little bit lol.

Thanks,
    Rocco
    I salute you, my friend. I made the same decision two weeks ago. iPhones just got too "repetitive" i guess? Every single iPhone looks the same, **** got boring, Android is so powerful especially rooted. I love turning the brightness to max and watching that gorgeous screen, the best screen at the moment at least. Good choice
    11-03-2014 09:01 PM
    Whats up everyone,

As the title says, after being a long time apple user (sure...fanboy , I finally took the plunge. In the last 7 years, I did try the first galaxy, and returned it, and then the note 2, which i also returned..but i really liked that phone. Always been interested in the "phablet" market, but when apple released the plus and didnt put a true multi task support, and take advantage of that huge screen i knew it was time to go.

So far I'm loving this phone, its pretty damn incredible....touch wiz is little meh, but I can deal with it. I do have a few questions that I tried searching, but couldnt find a solid answer, hopefully you guys can help out.

1. The battery is amazing, I get basically a full days use, so I'm not complaining. However last night I went to bed at 34% (i think) and I figured no reason to charge...I woke up on like 13%....is this a notification thing?
    2.When playing music, is there a way to get the music to stop pausing for a second when i receive a text?
    3.Is there a better gallery app than samsung for photos, or should I just stick with stock? Not that its terrible...but I'm just used to how the iphone organized it, so I was curious if something similar was possible.
    4. Is there any way to adjust the senstivity on this thing? The screen and even the buttons (not the physical home button) are extremely, overly touchy. It's such a big phone that sometimes I accidentally palm something near the bottom while reaching, and i end up hitting something I didn't want to.

4. Last and most important.....

I did a ton of searching on how to port my direct itunes playlist on this phone, and came up with so many different things, that I didnt know what to believe. Theres a ton of apps you have to buy that do it for you, which I'd honestly rather not do if there is a free way to do it. I tried the exporting playlist file method, where you drop it into the music folder on the device, but that gave me no luck...any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post lol...but I was stuck in the iCloud for so long I feel like it dumbed me down a little bit lol.

Thanks,
    Rocco
    Hey I switched from the iPhone as well.
    I recommend you install and use Google Music on your computer and upload all your music as far as the pausing I think If you silent all notifications it won't pause
    11-03-2014 09:09 PM
    I also switched from iPhone after 4+ years. I wanted a large screen phone, but the iPhone 6 Plus did not thrill me with its dimensions and design. Immediately, I missed the notification bubbles on my icons. I installed Nova Launcher and the TeslaUnread plugin so now I can see unread messages on every app, not only e-mail and Facebook but GroupMe, Textfree, Steam, XBOX Smartglass, PlayStation... all my social apps. Then I installed NiLS so that notifications would be displayed on my lockscreen. There are a lot of lockscreen mods, so I may switch to something more minimalist later. Oh, and Image 2 Live let me tweak the Bing wallpapers I've downloaded so they scroll in conjunction with Nova Launcher. It makes scrolling through my screens more entertaining.
    11-03-2014 09:55 PM
    In regards to battery, I saw your screenshot and you had nfc on. If you're not using nfc for mobile payments or something disable it as its a huge battery hog. Settings > more networks > nfc = disable.
    logik brooklyn likes this.
    11-03-2014 11:11 PM
    Thanks....just turned that off

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-04-2014 02:08 PM
    Quick question, it may sound like a stupid one, but I can't figure this out for the life of me

If I'm viewing a picture that was taken in landscape mode, does the phone not automatically adjust the photo to view it as the picture was taken? I can only view them portrait style unless I click on rotate left or right.

No my screen rotation is not locked either.

11-04-2014 02:39 PM
    Quick question, it may sound like a stupid one, but I can't figure this out for the life of me

If I'm viewing a picture that was taken in landscape mode, does the phone not automatically adjust the photo to view it as the picture was taken? I can only view them portrait style unless I click on rotate left or right.

No my screen rotation is not locked either.

Do you have screen rotation on? If you take the photo in landscape I usually turn the phone landscape to view it .. That way it fits how it was taken .
    11-04-2014 02:41 PM
    Got it...I'm an ***** lol

11-04-2014 03:37 PM
    Got it...I'm an ***** lol

Na you're just new to Android -- definitely a change that takes some time to get used to! .
    11-04-2014 03:44 PM
    Another recommendation for QuickPic. Very handy when going through your pictures.

Nova Launcher is practically a must have. I have a bunch of friends with the iPhone 6 that were amazed by how much I could customize my home screen.
    11-04-2014 04:08 PM
    With nova will I lose functionality like multi window etc? If not, what actually will be lost?

Also I asked this in another thread, but I guess I sort of thread jacked...with third party keyboards like google, etc, do you lose the ability for one handed use where the keyboard left or right justifies? I tried the Google keyboard and it wouldn't let me do it

11-04-2014 05:44 PM
    With nova will I lose functionality like multi window etc? If not, what actually will be lost?

No. I used Nova with my Note 2 and still used multi-window. You can do same with Nova on Note 4.

Touchwiz was bad before but with the Note 4, I'm giving it a month's test drive again before I switch back to Nova or not. I do have Nova setup on my Note 4 and simply changed my default launchers. So far I do like Touchwiz. Not as bad as before. I do miss Nova features like the left/right scrolling app dock at the bottom of homescreen. TW limits to 5. Nova lets me put as much as I want out there.

For iTunes just upload to Google Music. Saves all your playlist too. At work all streaming services are blocked except Google Music so I am able to stream music at work on my PC or on my phone when I take a walk. Also doubletwist is an alternative that saves the iTunes playlist.
    11-04-2014 06:02 PM
    I like the idea of the Google music, but then won't I be using my data every time I wanna play my music?

11-04-2014 06:17 PM
    Yes, it does use quite a bit of data while streaming. I set it to stream over WiFi only and download playlists or albums to the phone if I'm going to be in the car a long time.
    11-04-2014 06:31 PM
    I use the app Don't Pause. Free in market. I like it alot

Posted from my awesome Note3
    11-04-2014 06:33 PM
    I like the idea of the Google music, but then won't I be using my data every time I wanna play my music?

True. Iphone or android phones, same issue. I do have unlimited data plan on verizon so I guess I'm not as worried about data usage. But it's an option if you stream over wi-fi. Doubletwist is probable one of best to copy your itunes playlist if you want to store on your phone. I use Poweramp for other music stored on my phone when I don't stream or can't stream. Eg, can't stream when flying so I listen to music on my phone. Stored on my external sd card.
    11-04-2014 06:44 PM

Also I asked this in another thread, but I guess I sort of thread jacked...with third party keyboards like google, etc, do you lose the ability for one handed use where the keyboard left or right justifies? I tried the Google keyboard and it wouldn't let me do it

Nova you won't lose any features of the phone except for a few stock widgets. Like if you create an action memo (post-it note) with the S Pen, you can't pin it to your home screen like you would be able to do with the touch wiz Launcher.

And I don't know about many other keyboards but I highly recommend swift key. Definitely one of the best. The best IMO. You can also use the swipe to type feature, you can theme it, and it even does the one handed mode (attached below).

And Google music doesn't have to use your data. You can download songs, albums, playlists, and radios to play without data. After you do this you just hit the downloaded only button and only songs on your device will be playable.

Welcome to Android! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Attached Thumbnails 7 year iphone guy switched to a Note 4-uploadfromtaptalk1415155428160.jpg ย 
    11-04-2014 08:47 PM
    Nova you won't lose any features of the phone except for a few stock widgets. Like if you create an action memo (post-it note) with the S Pen, you can't pin it to your home screen like you would be able to do with the touch wiz Launcher.

And I don't know about many other keyboards but I highly recommend swift key. Definitely one of the best. The best IMO. You can also use the swipe to type feature, you can theme it, and it even does the one handed mode (attached below).

And Google music doesn't have to use your data. You can download songs, albums, playlists, and radios to play without data. After you do this you just hit the downloaded only button and only songs on your device will be playable.

Welcome to Android! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Awesome....thanks brother.

11-04-2014 10:54 PM
    Excellent choice! Enjoy
    11-06-2014 11:39 AM
    Can someone please tell me how to hide the in call window. For instance if I'm on a call, put it on speaker, and press home button...I just want it to hide in the background, not be a bubble, or a floating window. I had it happen once then no clue how I did it lol

11-06-2014 01:03 PM
    I have a habit of accidentally ending my calls when I try to actively hide a call screen. Instead, just go to any other screen you want and the active call will recede to something in the status bar.
    11-06-2014 01:15 PM
61 123